influence bug?

i am having a problem. i am playing a DS character, and i am trying to turn bao-dur and the handmaiden to the DS. i gain influence with them just fine, and i check their character page and see them shifting to the DS. then for no reason at all, they shift back to grey (neutral). this usually happens either when i go from one area to another or when i save the game. however, sometimes if i change them out of the party and then switch them back in, they will shift back to the DS. but only sometimes.

what's the deal? is this a bug? or am i doing something wrong? i want to gain enough influence to make them jedi, but i don't want to waste my time if it's not working right.

i am having a problem.  i am playing a DS character, and i am trying to turn bao-dur and the handmaiden to the DS.  i gain influence with them just fine, and i check their character page and see them shifting to the DS.  then for no reason at all, they shift back to grey (neutral).  this usually happens either when i go from one area to another or when i save the game.  however, sometimes if i change them out of the party and then switch them back in, they will shift back to the DS.  but only sometimes.

what's the deal?  is this a bug?  or am i doing something wrong?  i want to gain enough influence to make them jedi, but i don't want to waste my time if it's not working right.

Well, i have only played Kotor II on the Lightside, it doesn't seem worth playing again, the thought of bullying people for extra rewards is rather not what a dark Jedi does....if you know what i mean.