Soccer

Delta Truth

I used to play football, but have since retired my football boots and stuck to spectating  ;)  I'm a Manchester United fan and have shared a season ticket with my brother for as long as I can remember... :lol:"

In fact it's my brother's turn to go to the City match this weekend... <_<

DL

P.S. It's spelt F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L, not S-O-C-C-E-R  :rolleyes:

Newcastle all the way baby.......Owen to our new signing! I mean owing :thumbsup::p

It's okay we still have Cisse!! (w00t)

I loved to play football(the real deal, just with home rules) back in school, but nowadays finding enough people to play proves to be difficult. Not to mention finding time. I don't however have any interest in internatiol football or teams or any of that sh!t.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

General dislike for playing or a permanent injury?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I still love playing, but just not at the level I used to (I used to play for a silly girls' team and we won some minor trophies and such)... nowadays I stick to casual kicking around with some friends because my injury doesn't permit me to do any more than that :thumbsup:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

P.S. It's spelt F-O-O-T-B-A-L-L, not S-O-C-C-E-R  :thumbsup:

I agree....for now.

But when we start dominating "football" too, we get to change the name to soccer :lol:

If the US "soccer" team had been in a qualification group with European nations it would've probably been the equivilant of a Euro American Football team coming over to the US to participate in the NFL. :thumbsup:

time will tell :devil:

I still love playing, but just not at the level I used to (I used to play for a silly girls' team and we won some minor trophies and such)... nowadays I stick to casual kicking around with some friends because my injury doesn't permit me to do any more than that  :thumbsup:

DL

Well, that's kind of sad actually. How did the injury happen?

kirottu said:

Well, that's kind of sad actually. How did the injury happen?

Long story short:

My foot got stomped on by some huge lad whilst wearing his football boots... my poor dainty foot just crunched under the weight of him... was on crutches for a long time because of it <_<

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Ouch :thumbsup:

kirottu said:

Julian and Kumq, I just don't want you to set your hopes high, the US have a snowballs chance in hell at winning the WC, you have no idea what you're up against. You see, teams like Puerto Rico, Grenada, Panama and so on are not good teams, defeating them gave a ticket onwards, yes but nations like Saudi Arabia also qualified, so you see qualifying doesn't mean that you're particularly good, it all depends on who was in the group you defeated.

When faced with qualified European teams (European groups are very difficult to qualify from), or Argentina you'll get... well, let's just say it won't be pretty. Just FYI. ^_^

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Given that the US Men's soccer team has been steadily improving every year (and just shut out Mexico) while our Women's team won both a World Cup and Olympic Gold, I think we've established ourselves a bit.

If people in England want to call a baby carriage a pram, then they shouldn't mind if I say soccer.

We all know what we mean.

I agree with Lucius. But I think it should be noted that the US is not the push over it once was. We were never a player when it came to international soccer matches before, and we must at very least be contended with and taken seriously. Consider how many nations play soccer in the world. If our men's team is in the top 16, I won't scoff at that.

Winning the World Cup, and Olympic Gold on the women's side shouldn't be overlooked either, but it completely is. If professional soccer becomes economically more feasible, you'll start seeing American soccer superstars, but at the moment, great athletes will seek out other sports because that is where the money lies.

We are ranked 6th in the world. Maybe you underestimate  :thumbsup:

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/ind...rticleid=108551

No, I really think I don't. Tell me, can you give me list of defeated nations to go with that rank? It has a lot to say about your chances, I'd like to see it. :-

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No, I really think I don't. Tell me, can you give me list of defeated nations to go with that rank? It has a lot to say about your chances, I'd like to see it.  :thumbsup:

We may be ranked a bit high at 6, but I don't think it is beyond arguement to call the US squad a top-10 team. Top-10 in the world isn't bad.

Again, I don't think it takes winning the WC to be considered a good team. People say we don't play soccer here, and yet apparently we do.

I agree with Lucius.  But I think it should be noted that the US is not the push over it once was.  We were never a player when it came to international soccer matches before, and we must at very least be contended with and taken seriously.  Consider how many nations play soccer in the world.  If our men's team is in the top 16, I won't scoff at that.

Winning the World Cup, and Olympic Gold on the women's side shouldn't be overlooked either, but it completely is.  If professional soccer becomes economically more feasible, you'll start seeing American soccer superstars, but at the moment, great athletes will seek out other sports because that is where the money lies.

Indeed, Womans football is almost completely ignored in Europe by the general population, I personally never give it any thought really, there is only one National Team here that can make the entire country go into a nationalism-like frenzy. ^_^

DENMARK!

No, I really think I don't. Tell me, can you give me list of defeated nations to go with that rank? It has a lot to say about your chances, I'd like to see it.  ;)

We may be ranked a bit high at 6, but I don't think it is beyond arguement to call the US squad a top-10 team. Top-10 in the world isn't bad.

Again, I don't think it takes winning the WC to be considered a good team. People say we don't play soccer here, and yet apparently we do.

You mean winning the qualification, right? Winning the WC does indeed require an extraordinary performance from a team. We've won the EC (European cup, which is extremely difficult mind you) once, and dude that's like a national treasure.

DENMARK!