The last good thing on Gamespy is dead

kumquatq3

It dawned on me a few days ago that I havn't seen a Resident Cynic article since E3. I went to Gamespy to try and find out what the deal was, only to find the old "email me the resident cynic at:" link replaced by a "gamespy comments link".

SO I went to the source, the cynic himself, Christopher Buecheler. He has a SITE and I went there and sent him an e-mail. It's short but bitter:

KQ3: I'm guessing that you get this ALOT, but is "resident cynic" dead?

Chris: Yes.

Just thought alot of you might be interested, considering the role Lucasarts might have had to play in this.

"considering the role Lucasarts might have had to play in this. "

Enlighten me.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"considering the role Lucasarts might have had to play in this. "

Enlighten me.

Seconded.

There was a big "to do" about his K2 article, which I just wrote all about and deleted, because I found this:

Oh absolutely 100% mine and it's nothing against the guys at GameSpy, who are still my very good friends. GameSpy's been happy to have the articles and apparently they do decent traffic, but I'm just coming up against too many projects right now and need to prioritize. I don't even play that many games anymore, and am probably not so qualified to rant on them as I once was.

Everything's gotta end eventually, I guess. The cynic has I think hit that eventuality.

-chris

so it had nothing to do with Lucasarts

I did say might :)

Thanks kum-kun. That was interesting.

Edit; I count seven people reading this thread of 5-messages lenght. Post, dammit!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Thanks kum-kun. That was interesting.

Edit; I count seven people reading this thread of 5-messages lenght. Post, dammit!

As you wish. It was interesting to read the long saga of LucasArts' villainy only to have it disappear. :) I was wondering who on this forum could volunteer to take over the column, as GameSpy clearly haven't found anyone. I couldn't, because I'm never cynical. o:)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

o/

Agreed.

kirottu said:

There was a big "to do" about his K2 article, which I just wrote all about and deleted, because I found this:

Oh absolutely 100% mine and it's nothing against the guys at GameSpy, who are still my very good friends. GameSpy's been happy to have the articles and apparently they do decent traffic, but I'm just coming up against too many projects right now and need to prioritize. I don't even play that many games anymore, and am probably not so qualified to rant on them as I once was.

Everything's gotta end eventually, I guess. The cynic has I think hit that eventuality.

so it had nothing to do with Lucasarts

This doesn't mean anything. He's hardly going to badmouth LA on his own blogsite; he could very well face a libel suit from them, and I'm sure there isn't any evidence ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT