PC Version of Seven Sorrows Kaput

alanschu

It's not my decision, however; it is the marketing wisemen who seem to have pegged the consoles as "thirty-minutes-to-kill-after-work-and-before-social-life" facilitators, and consequently there seems to be a dearth of deep entertainment for them. only.

Who's-this-in-the-what-now :shifty:

I would tend to disagree, most of the console "RPGs" I've played have this little concept known as save points generally preventing you from simply picking it up, playing for a couple of minutes, and then shutting the game down. (just earlier today I spent a good three hours on Makai Kingdom with no direct chance to save, but it's still incredibly fun o:) )

On the other hand, most PC RPGs have allowed me to save anywhere, including in the middle of battles, allowing all kinds of abuse.

Unless you are referring to games ported to console or created by (previously) predominately PC developers, who don't necessarily have any idea what makes a good console game. That's a different story entirely.

Not that I particularly enjoy the concept of save points, nor do I think Bioware, for example, has necessarily made bad games. But this entire line of thinking seems ignorant to me, despite the fact that I've seen it spouted from many PC gamers recently.

On topic: So I take it Sawyer left when he discovered there would be no PC version, or has he given any other reasons for the move?

I haven't heard why Sawyer left. We pretty much flat-out asked in the thread discussing the move, and he didn't say. I don't expect he will because he is a professional. Then again, I've heard he also went off in tirades about the D&D license and publishers, so who knows?

It's not my decision, however; it is the marketing wisemen who seem to have pegged the consoles as "thirty-minutes-to-kill-after-work-and-before-social-life" facilitators, and consequently there seems to be a dearth of deep entertainment for them. only.

... I would tend to disagree, most of the console "RPGs" I've played have this little concept known as save points generally preventing you from simply picking it up, playing for a couple of minutes, and then shutting the game down. (just earlier today I spent a good three hours on Makai Kingdom with no direct chance to save, but it's still incredibly fun ;) )

Not sure what point you are making? You've played one game that you couldn't save for three hours, therefore all RPGs for the console are deeper? Is that what your point is?

On the other hand, most PC RPGs have allowed me to save anywhere, including in the middle of battles, allowing all kinds of abuse.

Unless you are referring to games ported to console or created by (previously) predominately PC developers, who don't necessarily have any idea what makes a good console game. That's a different story entirely.

Not that I particularly enjoy the concept of save points, nor do I think Bioware, for example, has necessarily made bad games. But this entire line of thinking seems ignorant to me, despite the fact that I've seen it spouted from many PC gamers recently.

So PC developers can't make a good console, with or without save points?

What "line of thinking" are you disagreeing with?

You should try to elucidate a bit more, all I have gleaned from your post is that you disagree with me because you think I'm ignorant. Which, if it is your opinion, you're entitled to think; I'll let you infer what my opinion is about your response. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT