Ultima IX: Redemption (wip)

There are more Ultima mods completed, and more mods in production than Fallout.

I would say that makes Ultima quite relevant.

Ultima Online stlll has over a million players, and is still selling expansions despite it's outdated graphics and gameplay.

I never played Ultima IX, although I played some of the others and loved Ultima VII (both parts). I'd like to play this, although I'd have to buy Morrowind, but it will probably be a fiver by the time this mod is completed. But it's a huge project, surely, not too much chance of it really being finished. And won't EA object? I don't know if they're still selling Ascension, but even if they aren't, I'd imagine their lawyers would jump on a mod that was a whole alternative version of the game and would make the original version redundant. :- Someone said there was an Ultima IV complete mod, but that's freeware now.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Here's the problem with this mod.

It started on RPG Maker years ago. And I've followed it closely. They've never made much progress in years with a huge team.

ThePal however created the entire world of Britannia and Serpent Isle in weeks in Morrowind. ThePal has decided to hold off his Ultima remake/reinvention of Ultima IX until Oblivion ships.

My money is that ThePal's version comes out first as he is an exteremely productive and talented Morrowind modder as is.

Here's the mod homepage:

http://corv.cfkasper.de/

Here's the problem with this mod.

It started on RPG Maker years ago.  And I've followed it closely.  They've never made much progress in years with a huge team.

ThePal however created the entire world of Britannia and Serpent Isle in weeks in Morrowind.  ThePal has decided to hold off his Ultima remake/reinvention of Ultima IX until Oblivion ships.

My money is that ThePal's version comes out first as he is an exteremely productive and talented Morrowind modder as is.

They have just advertised and aquired (not sure of the correct terminology for a bunch of volunteers on a mod project, but let's not digress there) new staff, so maybe that will help. (they have just posted their first video teaser ...)

Who is ThePal ? Linkie please!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

There are more Ultima mods completed, and more mods in production than Fallout.

I would say that makes Ultima quite relevant.

I didn't even know there was a Fallout mod scene, dicounting FanOut. <_<

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds