New PS3 details emerge...

Epiphany

Not "you're all homos"? I'm disappointed.

And very spammy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's only Baley.

But you aren't a god of Spam then. What gives?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The new issue of PSM states that Sony is not setting a resolution standard for their games on the PS3, (like MS is with the X360 where all games will be at least 720p), which means 1080p will not be supported across the board (as a few here have claimed).  Oddly enough, this could mean some games may only be released in 480p, which would be quite commical.

Confirming my statements made a while back, when I said that 1080p was achievable, but only the games that have the worst graphical presentations will use it as the console simply does not have the banwidth to push it.

See you next time.

+1

Why the hell would I buy a TV that big?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Can one impale a god?

kirottu said:

So how can I produce quite a lot of spam with no effort whatsoever if you're a spam?

kirottu said:

And bend over?

kirottu said:

Jesus christ, Baley, could you please stop spamming every ****ing thread on the board to death?

What I don't understand is why Epiphany reads about the 20000+ libraries that the PS3 developers are going to get hold of when they get the developer's kit and dismisses them as "old news"?! So what? New or old, they're still getting an awful lot of help. I am assuming you don't know what it means for a software developer to get efficient middle-ware, but it's like not having to re-invent the wheel everytime you start a project. It IS a big deal.

Let's just hope that Epic aren't over-charging for their SDK as the Unreal 3 engine sounds like paradise with boobies to me.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Feeling particularily fiesty today, are you? For the record; Baley and I haven't spammed in so great magnitude since the start of June.

kirottu said:

To be fair, Ender has called Epiphany a liar. That's a term that should be reserved for something concrete. Most of what I've seen from both are arguments that don't really reside in the realm of "lies" or "truths." To make it worse, it's clear that we're dealing with partisans. I don't believe that mkreku, Epiphany, or Ender are lying about anything. I'm sure, however, that they're far too close to the issue to escape bias.

Nevertheless, if we can keep from flame-mongering, I'm positive we'll end up with a great, if heated, discussion.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

If I have time I can happily dig up some of Epiphany's posts where he has outright lied, not to mention in Volourn-esque fashion he insists on completely ignoring any facts and evidence that makes him look bad.

Epiphany insists the XBox didn't have a PC CPU because it had a Celeron, which isn't really a P3.

He insists that the PS3 won't have a HDD despite Sony's specs listing it as having a HDD.

He insists the PS3 specs are a lie, and that it won't pull off two 1080p images, but the 360 which only produces one 720p image is clearly more powerful.

He insists overall the 360 is more powerful despite all the 3rd party developers saying the PS3 will clearly have more power.

He claims to be an objective non-fanboy, but he uses Microsoft as a trusted source while assuming every Sony statement is a lie.

He insists that HD-DVD is a superior technology over Blu-Ray which is plain fanboyism and foolish. I include this only to demonstrate his dedicated M$ fanboy trends.

He insists that the PPC processor designed by IBM from the G5 Mac line (that they also said would be in next-gen Macs) doesn't constitute PC technology, yet he insists the PS3 is just PC technology. The Cell has never been in a PC and was designed for the PS3 primarily and entertainment technology in general.

He says floating point performance means nothing, despite CPU benchmarks. In fact any benchmark which proves him absolutely wrong, he discounts as meaningless. His only response to pssts that prove him wrong is that I'm an idiot and that the conversation is above me.

In console threads I wasn't the first, nor the only person to declare him to be a liar.

He has also outright lied on specs and facts as well.