A Strange New Trend in RPG videogames

That was a pretty iffy excuse. The problem wasn't so much with the complexity of the ideas but rather the amount of people working on them or fine tuning the game. Arcanum was developed with a very small amount of people... I'm not sure of the exact number so any guesses would be just that; however it was a pretty small number of people and resources for a game with an included toolset and multiplayer capabilities.

It's a management issue, due to lack of experience. I guess they got overambitious, didn't realise how much polishing was required in the later stages, and ran out of time, though 'Sierra' didn't help (it wasn't really Sierra by this time :rolleyes: ). I think it's understandable for a new team working on their first project, and perhaps Kotor 2's poor/unfinished ending was partly the result of the same pressures/miscalculations. Troika's problem was that their games continued to suffer from related problems. I don't blame the publishers for being wary of signing them on again.

NWN2 needs to be very low on bugs.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Actually, in terms of support by purchasing their titles, I'm one of the biggest Troika fans out there. I waited a bit to buy Bloodlines. I bought Arcanum and ToEE right away. I even liked them. My biggest beef wasn't really bugs so much as attitude. The whole thing with Identify was just ridiculous. I still don't know whether that was a bug or a design decision. Apparently, neither do they.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I think stability seemed to be a bigger issue than actual "bugs", though.  Atleast in my experience.

Also, they really should have made it explicit on the box that the recommended specs should be 1 GB of RAM.  The recommended/required specs were the most misleading I've ever seen on a video game box.

Go take a peek at Battlefield 2's specs. Then your statement will have to be modified :D