Should Mark Messier Come Back To Play!?!

Volourn

Should Mess Mess Up Fellow NHLers?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mess Mess Up Fellow NHLers?

• Yes.
    • No.

The two high-lighted guys are the future of Detroit, should they choose to keep them under the new CBA. Datsyuk might not be one of the most feared guys now, but..

Personally I think Datsyuk is the guy to make Detroit fans say 'Sergei who?'. I'm not totally convinced that Zetterburg is as good as everyone says. My opinion is his output depends on his linemates. My player to watch this year is going to be Tuomo Ruutu from Chicago... :huh:

And I love the Moose and want to him to return. But I can't see him making more than two mil in the new NHL economic world.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Next retarded comment, please. The very fact that you equalized some dink named Ryan Malone to someone who has won 6 stanley cups is absolute proof that you have no idea what youa re talking about, Willis.

Because you were saying stuff like this:

Messier is one of the better players in the league. Period. If he plays, and plays more than 70 games I expect him to have AT LEAST 40 points which is pretty darn good in the NHL; if not 50 points. Also of note, is his pretty impresisve shooting percentage. When checking that out, remmeber goalies in the NHL average .900 save %. And, oh btw, Mess was a plus on the Rangers last year in spite of their crappiness. Go figure.

I didn't equalize Messier with Ryan Malone. I just listed the players that had equivalent point totals as him.

What did he have? One or two shots? Don't be silly.

Once again, I never said shooting percentage was the be all end all of NHL stats, doofuses.

Use your brains or just admit you don't know what youa re talking about as shown below:

Messier still didn't take enough shots IMO for shooting percentage to make an argument for it. He took a hundred shots. A single lucky bounce increases it by a whole percentage point. A goalie making a miraculous save is a negative point.

And besides, am I going to think Shanahan is any less of a player for getting less than 10% shooting percentage? Or that Sakic isn't as good because he was only 12% shooting percentage. Or Ray Bourque, THE defacto "accuracy" guy, that won the accuracy shootout in the All Star game all the time, and his 6.6% shooting percentage.

Don't lecture me about Messier. I actually grew up watching the guy and he's been one of my favourite players since I started watching hockey (in the Mid-80s)

"Don't lecture me about Messier. I actually grew up watching the guy and he's been one of my favourite players since I started watching hockey (in the Mid-80s)"

What's the point of this? This is a totally irrelevant comment that has no bearing on the issue.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"What's the point of ignoring the rest of my post to comment on just that?"

The nonsense nature of this part made the rest of the reasonable post null and void.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.