Recruiting for Obsidian Diplomacy Game 3

Archmonarch

I think new players are going have to learn something new no matter what, whether it is a standard map or not. Migrant is difficult to read because it isn't color coded, but that could be fixed. The map is a little too sterile however. It does look perfectly balanced, but it would elimnate the fun roleplay of representing a nation.

Well, against my better judgement I'll be joining ya'll on Sat.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Saturday's only three days away. If the OBS-1 players were all to sign up, Archie might be willing to set the deadline for new players at saturday (new players would just replace the most recently signed up OBS-1 player), and then the empty spots are automatically filled with OBS-1 players, and you lot can get started.

And then maybe (just maybe) you'll all quit bugging me about shortening turn length in OBS-1.

:-"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Even if you're not using it, I did a colour version of Migraine.

You made the name even more fitting, whats wrong with subdued, mild colours as opposed to the neon braincrushers?

..and theres no way Im playing some geometrical gaga, I want atleast a tiny sense of atmosphere.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Even if you're not using it, I did a colour version of Migraine.

You made the name even more fitting, whats wrong with subdued, mild colours as opposed to the neon braincrushers?

..and theres no way Im playing some geometrical gaga, I want atleast a tiny sense of atmosphere.

What's wrong with subdued colours? Well, they're boring, that's what. :*

And there's no reason you couldn't create the atmosphere. Maybe the world is part of a 2-dimensional universe, and the Kingdom of Beton was recently overthrown by a Cabal of Triangles, and now a Linearist ruler named Isolin controls the Equilateral Republic of Beton with an Iron Vertex. :D

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Well, they don't hurt my eyes.  Maybe that's because I go outside once in a while.  They have this thing called a sun, and that's really bright.  You all should try it sometime.  :wub:"

Well I have my color management set to web standards and I use photshop to turn down the saturation and contrast on your maps Reveileed because Ill get a headache if spend more than a minute gawking at it

this way theyre actually watchable.

post-4899-1121870996_thumb.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, preferably, we wont start until we have seven players. Since I have already gained the acceptance of Darque, Laozi, and Universal Soldier (Numbersman has yet to respond), that leaves 4 spots. Assuming that they were to be filled by OBS-01 players, I would have to have a buffer period for alternate players to join.

I think until Sunday would be acceptable.

Thus, at the present moment, our players are:

Darque, Laozi, Universal Soldier, Ender, Jaguars, possibly Eldar (he's considering it) and _______.

That leaves Reveilled, Numbers, and others associated with OBS-01 as alternates. Naturally, Numbers would be first choice should someone drop out, then whoever applied first. Reveilled would be last as he already is involved in two games.

Edit: Kaftan has not agreed to play. That was a mistake on my part.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

No, no ,no.. I havent agreed to play. I will only enter another game if it uses another map than the usual one and not one of those horrid "team deathmatch" maps like Migraine

Well, they don't hurt my eyes.  Maybe that's because I go outside once in a while.  They have this thing called a sun, and that's really bright.  You all should try it sometime.  :wub:"

Well I have my color management set to web standards and I use photshop to turn down the saturation and contrast on your maps Reveileed because Ill get a headache if spend more than a minute gawking at it

this way theyre actually watchable.

Well, what can I say?

I have quite easily spent hours dealing with my maps with no problems at all.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!