MMORPGs

Me too, Eldar. This led to me not being able to do some quests because I just wasn't up to the party thing.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

*considers*

I think I'd rather spend such free time as this would take eitehr blowing off steam on simpler games, or working. That way I can get cash to go spend proper social time with rolepayer friends and we can have roast animal and beer to go with the gaming.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This is a trailer for Huxley, a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter from Webzen Games. Huxley takes place in a high-tech post-apocalyptic world promising to bring a new twist with this genre-defining Title.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Guest Fishboot

I don't think MMORPGs will ever be able to supply real immersion, roleplaying or storyline until devs figure out a way to nullify the "lol noobs" factor. Right now MMORPGs are essentially the chum of gaming - except they make more money than God.

And if they can't ever supply those things then following the formalism of an RPG (stats, experience/leveling up, etc.) is wrongheaded. From a quality standpoint, anyway.

I don't think MMORPGs will ever be able to supply real immersion, roleplaying or storyline until devs figure out a way to nullify the "lol noobs" factor. Right now MMORPGs are essentially the chum of gaming - except they make more money than God.

And if they can't ever supply those things then following the formalism of an RPG (stats, experience/leveling up, etc.) is wrongheaded. From a quality standpoint, anyway.

Maybe the solution is to deputise people to 'write' or act out greater themes, like run nations, control the guard or the press and so on. This would set up more involving rand currents, than just random questing and monster bashing. I think the LRP community in the UK do this sort of thing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.