question about telos old military base

It was cut from the game by Obsidian before release. There's no way to access it.

The cut area will likely be restored by the Restoration Project, though you'll have to wait for it. :blink:

This kind of question should be posted in the spoilers forum.

If you double-post by mistake, you can delete the extra posts by going to 'moderation options' at the bottom of the screen and choosing 'delete topic'.

Oh, and welcome to the forums. :D

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Hmm has anyone else wondered what is the meaning of the broken droid there? It follows you a couple seconds if you repair it, then it explodes. Or is it just some stupid exploding droid with no meaning?

I think it's supposed to just signify the HK-50's that are tracking you and how it was set to blow up in your presence.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ah, the nefarious 'cut content' rears it's ugly head again.

I can't wait for the Restoration project to be completed.

I don't think the Restoration project will be able to do anything about the droid planet. As far as I know, it was completely eliminated near the beginning of development (as opposed to being cut at the last minute and having the areas still including on the disk).

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I don't think the Restoration project will be able to do anything about the droid planet.  As far as I know, it was completely eliminated near the beginning of development (as opposed to being cut at the last minute and having the areas still including on the disk).

I think the area below the base on Telos is the Droid Factory

, not the Droid Planet. You're right, the planet was ditched early on, but I think some of its elements were remolded into the factory, which was dropped very late in the development process. The Restoration Project is definitely working on restoring the

droid factory

, which indicates it must have been relatively near completion.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I thought the Droid Planet and Droid Factory were the same thing, just different terminology depending on who was talking?

No, Droid Planet M4-78 was the original plan (and also originally the planet where Master Lonna Vash was), but it was cut and then my guess is they came up with the idea of the Droid Factory which again was also cut <_<