GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Does anyone else have this problem...??

During 'location changes' (ie, when you enter a new location and get the loading screen) my game decides to freeze randomly after every 5/6 location changes (the loading bar just stops, game dumps out into windows with a 'send error report to microsoft' prompt)

This is pretty annoying, because sods law means that it decides to freeze after a big battle when I have forgot to save (or when its not possible to save, such as storyline progression) meaning I have to reload and do bits again to get through the game

Anyone have ANY idea why this is?? Its ridiculously annoying and at the stage where I am ready to give up on the game (despite clocking up 15hrs of play so far)...

ANY help/advice appreciated

Chris

Should probably add, on a few occassions I have to exit the game because all the background disappears and its just left with characters and itens floating in space.... exiting to menu and reloading doesnt fix this and I have to completely exit the game

Doubt they are related, but ya never know...

One last thing...

Im running the game on a 3ghz P4 with 2GB ram and an x800 graphics card so its not that my system is crappy or anything (can run halfife 2 in max settings with no problems)

First, try searching this forum all the way back to February. Lots of people have had similar problems, and different solutions seem to work unpredictably on different computers - I don't think there's a clear pattern.

Kotor 2 works very strangely on some graphics cards. There have been cases where the patched version was worse than the pre-patch version. Have you tried running it without the patch installed. The patch doesn't really sort out any major bugs or gameplay issues.

If all else fails,partition your hard drive so that you can store important data on d:, then wipe and reformat c: and reinstall Windows and your whole system. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon, and it clears up lots of problems. I must get round to doing mine again. :thumbsup:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I made a bios change that seemed to help - lowered my graphics aperture size to 64 mb (even though video card has 128 mb ram - read somewhere that the bigger settings don't normally help and often hurt).

Also cut down on progs running in background (closed the printer software and my antitrojan software (if you have antivirus software that hogs resources, prolly best to close that).

Also one of the official recommendations is not to play in one place too long - so i periodically unload and reload the game - but found that didn't necessarily help - unless i defragged the ram between reloads - that made a huge difference in minimizing crashes -- use System Mechanic Professional to defrag ram (i think you can get a free 30 day trial - but be careful with other options on this prog, easy to erase stuff you actually need - the defrag ram hasn't ever caused any probs though).

That's all the help I can offer.

Do you have the PC version or XBox version?

My XBox version did this all the time, as it had errors reading the disc. I copied the game to my XBox HDD (requires a modded XBox) and then never had problems. If your XBox isn't modded, then you will likely need a replacement disc.