Obsidian Forums Diplomacy Game 1 (OBS-1)

Crafty how Reveilled is pretending to be inexpert so as to curry favour in another Diplomacy game ... metagaming par excellence ... :-"

All the experience in the world doesn't help if you have 3 people attacking you at the same time. :ph34r:

That is why the name of the game is Diplomacy.

Which only works if people are willing to listen and respond to your attempts at diplomacy... :ph34r:

That is why the name of the game is Diplomacy.

I think the diplomacy part went out the window with the first game. I mean now we KNOW who are backstabbers(everyone) and who are trustworthy(noone). If we played another game with the OBS1 cr3w, everyone would be so paranoid we'd get nowhere :D

But I dont like OBS-1, noone is writing fun and witty news articles anymore :-

p.s

Whats wrong with Baley? Sure, he keeps saying that hell quit but he never does it :) its just clever disinformation

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I would write an article, but I have no grey press to issue. :*

You are too fundamental in your views, Kaftan. There is no way to win the game if you keep your alliances with everyone (even if that is just one person).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

You know there was that great saying,"Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Anyway,

Kaftan:Don't worry,we're gonna crush the inavaders next turn.

Even if that's gonna be in OBS 5.

I think the diplomacy part went out the window with the first game. I mean now we KNOW who are backstabbers(everyone) and who are trustworthy(noone). If we played another game with the OBS1 cr3w, everyone would be so paranoid we'd get nowhere :D

In OBS-3 we have Meta, Jags and myself from game 1. We're still working together despite what happened in game 1.

Yeah, you can't take it personally (especially since it was one of the conditions of playing the game: check the first post :-).

The fun of the game is not stabbing others, it's trying to work together: rating the opponents in trustworthiness, and seeing if you are correct. After all, we aren't playing for money!

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

We were supposed to send in moves or something today, right? I was fiddling with my new GPU cooler so I completely forgot.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Sorry, yeah, my bad. I've been unable to get on acomputer all day, and I'm only on here for a few minutes. I'll extend the deadline until tomorrow and move each further deadline forward one day, if that's okay with everyone. If it's not, well, I won't find out about it until tomorrow anyway.

Soree. :p

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Okay, unless there are any strong objections, I'm going to do it all now, intead of in 45 minutes. When you send in your orders for next year, also add whether you are happy wil keeping the deadline for Fall at monday (thus shortening this turn), or moving it to tuesday (thus moving every deadline forward one day). A unanimous agreement is required to shorten this turn, and any non-votes will be counted as abstentions.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Ze Fatherland will never surrender!

Until Kaftan is actually eliminated (basically, until the end of next winter), declares that he has quit, or misses his next turn, any draw will be between the three of you.

Personally, I think declaring a draw would be rather contrary to the spirit of the game. once France and Germany are actually out, you'll both be within a few centres of a win, and I think you both should press for it. Since by that point no negotiation would be required, we could speed turns up further for the last few days.

Go on. Don't you want to be the winner of the first game of Diplomacy on the Obsidian boards? :)

As we're finishing soon, I'd like to request that people begin posting End Of Game statements. If you could talk a bit about your plans, strategies, who you trusted when you shouldn't have, who you didn't when you shold have, what went wrong, what went right, and so on, it would make for interesting reading, and would help both other players and my upcoming online archive.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Come one! Faster Pussycats! Kill! kill!

draws are for pussies.