Most component-worthy item???

Hello people! I read a saber upgrade-guide on GameBanshee's section for "Sith Lords", it said that the best way to get as many components as possible is by selling everything you find, use the money to buy Advanced Medpacs and then break them down, as they have the best component-to-cost ratio in the game (cost 80 credits, yield 40 components each).

I tried this, I spent 5000 credits on hundreds of Advanced Medpacs but then I discovered that the MedPacs only could be broken down in LabStations, and they never gave me any components, only chemicals, so using MedPacs to get components for saberparts seems totally damn useless. I can build mines but I never use them.

If I have missed anything about how to break down MedPacs, please tell me, otherwise does anyone know which item gives the best components and is purchaseable in shops? What's your favorite way of getting components?

• Like 1

The best way of getting components is breaking down items. In order to do this effectively you need a repair skill of 15; at this level you are breaking down items with a 100% efficiency - if an item takes 10 components to make, you can break it down to 10 components.

The Twin Suns drop two Twilek spinning blades in the cantina, and two more on Goto's yacht. Each is worth 500 components, making 2,000 in total. As you make more and more Jedi, non-Jedi armour becomes less and less important. Some of the better armour exceeds 500 components, and some exceeds 1,000. Some of the more exotic vibroblades you can acquire also yield a lot of components - one of the Sith blades breaks down to 650 off the top of my head. All of these of course are things that you find, rather than buy.

As regards "working the economy" - selling items to buy a basic commodity to break into components - I haven't seen a scheme that works yet...

• Like 1
"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.

By the time I really need components (trying to keep 5 or 6 Jedi worth of Lightsabers up and running) there was enough weapons and armor in the game to keep my components up. A lot of "Named" Melee weapons that can't be upgraded can often break down to 1000+ components. I never had to buy stuff to make components because the game provided enough loot to break down.

Thanks for all the tips, guys!

Yeah, my Sentinel/Assassin has a 25 in repair and Treat injury, I use Kreia's awareness, T3's Computer- and Bao-Dur's Demolition-skills for other creatable gear.

I feel so disappointed to have sold a lot of unique gear in Nar Shadaa so that I now have 200 000 credits but only 50 components.

I suppose I could try and find some armor to buy that is component-intense but not that expensive. Certain poker players would call this idea "throwing good money after bad", I suspect, but what the heck. I'm after that pontite lens. :-

Does anyone know what makes certain comparatively equal items so different component-wise? It must have something to do with the attributes, I think. Some things like "regenerate force/health" or "unstoppable damage" are probably more attractive than "+1 to hit", right?

It must have something to do with the attributes, I think. Some things like "regenerate force/health" or "unstoppable damage" are probably more attractive than "+1 to hit", right?

Spot on. It's a nod to the technological complexity of an item - the more complex the more components you should recover - but it is a bit uneven in places. A blaster with a "stun" possibility, "powered" armour, armour with damage protection, like sonic or heat; all should be expected to yield quite a few components.

Although some of the component scores for the better Jedi/Sith robes are a bit puzzling....

"We were hoping we could bring the Xbox platform into December but didn't want to make the formal announcement until we knew an earlier ship date would not compromise the quality of The Sith Lords," says Producer Mike Gallo.