Eurovision Song Contest

SteveThaiBinh

..and Denmarks contribution was just.. awful.

Nooo, really? I cringed the first time I heard it, how and why it ever made it into the top 10 is beyond me... and did you notice the recurrent red shoe theme? (w00t)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I can't help but think that if we had Jordan representing us, we would've got more points...  :)

But at what cost? :shifty:

For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and lose his own soul? (Matthew 16:26)

The horror ... the horror ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Surely you're not insinuating that Jordan is anything to fear, metadigital?

I personally think she's fantastic and I think we need Jordan to get involved in more issues in the UK!

Plus, she should've been our entry for the Eurovision simply because she actually does represent the majority of the UK inhabitants quite adequately.

DL :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

nobody will ever touch the greatness that was ABBA.

The Europvision Song contest is pretty low if that was its high watermark :thumbsup:"

and that I say as a bona fide swede.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

What's wrong with ABBA?

If the quality of songs in Eurovision is low, look at the UK pop charts in recent years. Geri Halliwell, S Club Seven, Westlife... None of this year's Eurovision songs were actually painful to listen to. Well, not many.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Surely you're not insinuating that Jordan is anything to fear, metadigital?

I personally think she's fantastic and I think we need Jordan to get involved in more issues in the UK!

Plus, she should've been our entry for the Eurovision simply because she actually does represent the majority of the UK inhabitants quite adequately.

DL  :)

I guess I don't hold Katie Price responsible for the utter contempt I feel for the average male in the UK who drools over Jordan's beach-ball bosoms and Abby Titmus soft pr0n ...

I must say Jordan certainly has done well for herself, what with the

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Um..who's Peter Andre :"> ?

I wish Oasis or Blur would have represented England :)

You are very fortunate not to know !

Peter Andre was Michael Jackson tribute singer when he was discovered by Ian "Molly" Meldrum (music commentator from the "Hey Hey It's Saturday Night" show and quondam presenter of "Countdown" (Top of The Pops), in Australia) when he was a young teenager. He subsequently released a bunch of terrible pop songs and was reknown more for his abdominal muscles than his singing (and since Molly gave standing orders to "Hide the white socks" he didn't get a chance to dance like Michael Jackson), before disapearing into obscurity on his family estate near Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.

For some unknown reason, ITV called him up a decade later and invited him onto the Reality show "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" (sic), which coincided with Jordan's

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

So bad pop+bad pop=horrible pop?

Hmm...there are some good bands..I only wish they would represent England :)

As for Romania I wanted Firma to represent us..but alas who would have voted for them?

Well, obviously I can't speak for other countries, but I know why the UK insist on terrible entrants.

It's all down to the fact that as a country we would never want to host the Eurovision song contest as it would be considered a waste of government spending.

I suppose it's probably fairly obvious.

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Well, obviously I can't speak for other countries, but I know why the UK insist on terrible entrants.

It's all down to the fact that as a country we would never want to host the Eurovision song contest as it would be considered a waste of government spending.

I suppose it's probably fairly obvious.

I think Spain, Germany, France and UK contribute the most to the Eurovision, anyway.

Maybe the UK regard it as a charity thing ... :)"

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I think, the last time I suffered a full session of ESC was when Brotherhood of Man won... that was a few years ago :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein