Correct Ending of KOTOR 1

Before playing KOTOR 2 I thought that the DS ending of KOTOR 1 was the correct ending because it is indicated there that the jedi were fewer than 100. I thought revan killed the remaining jedi.

It would somehow be nice if it is dark side because revan would temporarily use the star forge to create an armada to destroy the whole republic and the remaining jedi. After which he would stop using the star forge and destroy it so that he might not have the same fate with the rakatans. He would then use the planets he conquered to create an armada to battle the true sith.

Nevertheless, the light side ending is also good but I have a lot of questions like... what happened to master vandar (the yoda in KOTOR 1)? did he also die with the other jedi masters when darth nihilus attacked Katarr (the miraluka planet?) etc.

I just need to clarify some things... thanks...

Vandar was at Katarr.

Actually, the DS ending is far more questionable.

The core planets were completely defenseless and Revan should have attacked them killing the remaining jedi, making the exile the 'last'.

That didn't happen though, by the time Malak was dead there were so few only less than 100 left, struggling to rebuild. Then suddendly they began disappearing left and right, this was mostly from Sion, but was finished by Nihilus.

If Revan was DS, he would have to remember right away, or the Republic would have died.