Random Loot Generator

Another thing is, why does the game give us items that have no use whatsoever?

What use does an electrical capacitance belt has, if there isn't A SINGLE ENEMY in the whole game using a force power, like force storm, against me???? (at least in KOTOR1 we had malak)

Both Nihilus and Traya have used Force Storm against some of my chars; as with Malak it may depend on fighting distance whether they prefer Force powers or melee combat. But that is probably beside the point since even the most powerful form of lightning does only pitiful damage against a single enemy, and so there seems to be no reason to use an item like the belt you mentioned.

The Thermal Shield Generator is a similar belt which reduces fire damage by 75%, and I used it once to get Mira out of the Pit without levelling her up. After equipping the fire shield belt and some similar items I had her drop a couple plasma grenades on the floor; she took no damage but the rug was burnt badly. :D

Hmmm..... Well, in both games (I'm starting the third tomorrow) the only powers used against me were "choke" and "Drain life", and only by Sion, Nihilus, Atris and Kreya. All the other sith I found always prefer to attack me with lightsabers.

As for the "most powerful form of lightning does only pitiful damage against a single enemy" part, well, I have to disagree, because this last game I went consular->Sith lord and I barely used my lightsaber after getting force storm (even against all sith enemies).

The battle with Atris was exactly the same both times: She LOVES to Drain me :lol:

So I drained her back. And there we were......drain.....drain......drain, sucking the life out of each other's bodies. :o" Hmmm....but I sucked her dry, first. :ermm:

Getting back to the random loot generator. Yes, it's very annoying to open a DC100000000000000 locker and finding a medpack.

As for the "most powerful form of lightning does only pitiful damage against a single enemy" part, well, I have to disagree, because this last game I went consular->Sith lord and I barely used my lightsaber after getting force storm (even against all sith enemies).

Please note that I said 'single enemy'. A level-30 character does 30-180 damage with Force Storm (per enemy) for an average of 105, save for half damage. Consular-type classes do a bit more damage but nothing dramatical.

A decent melee fighter does 450..500 damage per round on average (assuming the target can take that much :D); non-fighters somewhat less but probably at least 250 avg.

There is no doubt that Force Storm is the most convenient way of dealing with groups of enemies (even for a fighter), since melee requires one combat round per enemy instead of 1..3 per room. But Force Storm is not very efficient for dealing with harder enemies like Sion. With melee Sion goes down in one round (fighters) or about two rounds (non-fighters); with Force Storm it would probably take at least 4 rounds even if he doesn't save. Your VP is in the same ballpark as Sion's and hence you can weather a couple of Storms without batting an eye.

Speaking of Sion, he does have a habit of dropping nice crystals after the chat in the Trayus Academy. I mean nice crystals like Pontite, Barab Ore Ingot and so on. The Kinrath Matriarch has the same habit if you don't summon her too early.