A few Kotor 3 ideas

A few ideas I would like to see incorporated into K3, or even a K2 remake (cross fingers).

Force Powers

- I never did like the idea of losing a force power when I went up a level. Example, losing force push to force whirlwind. I would like to be able to use all the force powers I have acquired. I would think that if your force meter is close to zero, you should be able to use force powers that do not cost as much. Actually, I would be happy if force whirlwind was forgotten altogether. In my opinion it is the lamest power. Force push and force wave are just fine. I would like the ability to use both though. Maybe make force push a little more powerful. Some stuations call for a push and some need a wave.

- When fighting dark jedi/jedi (depending on if you are good or bad) allow them to actually USE their force powers. Sion did not use any against me and Kreia used very few (besides force drain). They do control the force don

Armor and Robes.

- More detailed armor and combat suits.  Some looked all right, but most did not. 

- Better-looking and more diverse jedi armor.  The Jal Shey and Zeison Sha were great starts, but they could have been better.  Look at the armor that Obi wears in Clone Wars Vol. 1 as a good example.

I agree with the armor. IMO, the armor looked goofy and I found myself just equipping the robes on my characters, even though they weren't as good as the Jedi armor, because of the aesthetic appeal.

Weapons

- Need more detailed and different styles of lightsaber hilts.  Maybe ability to customize (to an extent) the look of your hilt.

- Ability to sheathe swords, attach your lightsabers to your belt, and holster pistols.

- Also, (this is slightly force related) if the lightsaber is attached to the belt, then at a certain level the jedi should gain the ability to detach the lightsaber by using the force (Yoda) and not through physical means.

- Make lightsabers more powerful.  A non-upgraded lightsaber is pretty weak.

Lightsabers need to be MORE powerful? Are you joking? They're already powerful as it is, even the ones that haven't been upgraded.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

You have some pretty good ideas. I agree with you that they shold make the lightsabre combat a bit more like the movies more blocks and less hits. I thought that the robes in KOTOR2 where much better then the robes in KOTOR but i do think it would be cool to be able to put on your hood and put your lightsabre on your belt and the telekinesis idea is cool.

One thing i found kind of cheesy was that on almost all the bosses you could literly run around in circles and hit them with force lightning if you wanted to.

And they need to put some codes on the Xbox version. Because after i beat it the first time i like to go back and play agian.

Revan Dation

Armor and Robes.

- More detailed armor and combat suits.  Some looked all right, but most did not. 

- Better-looking and more diverse jedi armor.  The Jal Shey and Zeison Sha were great starts, but they could have been better.  Look at the armor that Obi wears in Clone Wars Vol. 1 as a good example.

I agree with the armor. IMO, the armor looked goofy and I found myself just equipping the robes on my characters, even though they weren't as good as the Jedi armor, because of the aesthetic appeal.

Weapons

- Need more detailed and different styles of lightsaber hilts.  Maybe ability to customize (to an extent) the look of your hilt.

- Ability to sheathe swords, attach your lightsabers to your belt, and holster pistols.

- Also, (this is slightly force related) if the lightsaber is attached to the belt, then at a certain level the jedi should gain the ability to detach the lightsaber by using the force (Yoda) and not through physical means.

- Make lightsabers more powerful.  A non-upgraded lightsaber is pretty weak.

Lightsabers need to be MORE powerful? Are you joking? They're already powerful as it is, even the ones that haven't been upgraded.

Let me clarify that. They should deliver more critical hits. Should be no debate about that.

Let me clarify that.  They should deliver more critical hits.  Should be no debate about that.

There's debate about that, because then you could apply that to any weapon. I'm assuming you're talking about realistically, if a lightsaber connects, it would kill right away, correct? Well then wouldn't that apply to a blaster shot from point blank range that hit someone in the face?

Accounting for "realism" is difficult in a video game where the whole point is to do damage and reduce your opponent's hit points as a realistic way to ensure that battles last longer than one shot and can actually be strategized for.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Retnuhh,

I would encourage you to c&p these great ideas and add them to the ongoing thread: http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=30955. I would have merged the thread, but then it would be gone altogether. So please do add the suggestions there, please.

Respectfully,

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: