56 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest war?

• Hyperspace Wars
    • Mandalorian Wars
    • Sith Wars
    • Clone Wars
    • Star Wars
    • other (explain)

Maybe it was but it was the war which was tactically the most interesting...and I consider it best because there is not as much jedi stuff in it as in all the other wars.

Sure, jedi belong to the universe but I personally like wars without them. Thrawn would've ruled them all!

Revan was better tactician than Thrawn.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Hah, never. And please take into consideration that Thrawn did not have the advantage of the force. In predicting the strategy of the enemy and winning battles without any chance, Thrawn is the best tactician ever. Do you remember how he took out a whole imperial Fleet with his few inferior chiss ships? Or the very first battle in Heir to the Empire when the Chimaera takes out that elomin task force? Revan could never beat Thrawn with an equally numbered fleet, even with the force!

You are confusing things friend. Revan's tactical skills and his Force aren't intertwined. Revan was winning battles using his mind not the Force. And in fact Thrawn lost all key battles (Sluis Van, Biblringi etc) while Revan brought Mandalorians down without single defeat.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The Clone Wars was the best war cuz it had more betrayal and change just like the third episode of the prequels will be the best out of all the movies.

Ο κώδικας του sίτΗ

Η ειρήνη είναι ένα ψέμα είναι εκεί μόνο πάθος. Μέσω του πάθους κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη δύναμη. Μέσω της δύναμης κερδίζω τη νίκη. Μέσω της νίκης οι αλυσίδες μου είναι σπασμένες. Η δύναμη θα με απελευθερώσει. Μάθετε αυτό και θα είστε αντάξιοι της παρουσίας μου.

από μηχανής θεός

1022.gifsterb029.gifsterb025.gif

In fact, Thrawn did not lose neither the Sluis Van Battle (no imperial Ship was lost, the whole republic fleet was smattert even though he could not conquer it) nor the Bilbringi battle. As I said in the other thread some minutes ago, it was the betrayal of the noghri scum. If Thrawn would not have been assasinated, the Empire would have won the battle.

About Revans Skill (and I consider all the Jedi in KotOR overpowered compared to those of the novels) in battle we could discuss endlessly also concerning if the force does influence your mind skills or not.

But I dont think we could come to an agreement concerning this one :lol:

Finally if I have to chose one of the "big" battles, I would choose Clone Wars because I am no friend of jedi vs. sith wars...I consider them boring. But thats just my opinion, the force belongs to the sw universe o:)

Although the clone wars saw the end of the republic and the rise of the empire, i think the mandalorian war was the greatest war as it ruined so many lives both physically and mentally and destabilized the whole republic profoundly for quite some time :lol: lol, had to put that somewhere...