So, am I seeing correctly..

You know, this may all backfire and we may never get another KoTOR.  But still, a lesson must be taught.

-Ben

The cost may be higher than you think. This is simply a battle; gamers are all fighting a bigger war, one which we are losing. Ground can be easily lost by ill-timed, emotional campaigns. I do not disagree that the 'honorable' thing to do for K2 is to repair it. The story, above all, deserves it. But this may not be the place to expend everything in the arsenal. I WANT Kotor 3, and subsequent intelligent games that are worthy of 80 hours of my time. All we may be 'teaching' publishers is to that genre is not worth the effort.

Just sayin'. o:)

The cost may be higher than you think.  This is simply a battle; gamers are all fighting a bigger war, one which we are losing.  Ground can be easily lost by ill-timed, emotional campaigns.  I do not disagree that the 'honorable' thing to do for K2 is to repair it.  The story, above all, deserves it.  But this may not be the place to expend everything in the arsenal.  I WANT Kotor 3, and subsequent intelligent games that are worthy of 80 hours of my time.  All we may be 'teaching' publishers is to that genre is not worth the effort.

Just sayin'.  o:)

Nicely put.

"Gamers" have always been a fickle bunch anyway. And now that there is a market that is both larger and less demanding it's no suprise that publishers are going to tap it.

I do think developers and publishers have different goals in a lot of areas. Goals which are not always compatible.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Thanks for all the responces on this. I just assumed I did somthing wrong in the story to have it end that way...I mean thats bad, really bad.

It would have been a better ending to have the exile wake up on the EH and find out it had all been a dreem. o:)

read here to find out why you're so disappointed, then sign the petition!

i have been busy doing my part to get the word out about this travesty and the petition to fix it. i have been hounding the editor of Kotaku (a video game news site) to put a story about this up on their site. he has been real busy with Game Developer's Conference coverage, but now that the GDC is over, he got a story about this put up this morning, so go check it out!

also, scott, who does the popular Extralife! webcomic regularly reads Kotaku and posts news tidbits from there on his own blog, so here's hoping he'll post about this on his site too. we'll see if this has any impact on the petition's sig count in the near future.

so please get out there and tell people about this, post about it on sites you regularly visit. get the word out. if this gets big enough, OE & LA may just get enough pressure from bad publicity to make them worry about a KotOR3 release not doing too well (and subsequently fix KotOR2 to keep that from happening).

Very cool :wub: