seemingly stuck

I just started playing the game last night. I am in the mines below Peragus where there is all that steam flowing out of the ground and I keep getting my character stuck in corners and what have you....

She gets stuck and then wont move at all and I have to quit and reload and hope I can move her out of the corner fast enough so it doesnt happen again.....

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Thanks....

vid. card---- GeForce FX 5500 PCI

You need a Telos Mining shield...that will help getting through those hot gasses. But you really need to follow & navigate with your map up in the corner. There isn't anything in the gasses to fight, you just need to get away from it fast enough so you don't "cook" yourself.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |

Forgive me if this is a silly suggestion, but if it isn't a shield/map thing and is an actual technical thing, have you tried turning your graphics options down to the most basic settings?

I say that because it sounds like a technical issue I have.

In 2 areas in the game I get uncontrollable character movement/stuckage that sounds kinda similar; the 'steamy' Peragus Tunnel sections and the alien bar on Nar Shadda.

I have to turn all my graphics options down to the most utterly basic settings possible to get through them without any problems. Before I enter those areas. Then once safely through them I can turn all the graphics options back up to max.