PC or Xbox tagging

Lisje

I find myself repeatedly frustrated when seaching the various forums/hints/walkthoughs/etc. for this game that very few authors seem to mention whether their advice is based on playing the Xbox or PC version of the game. I imagine if anyone at Obsidian is actively working on, or even merely considering a patch, they are even more frustrated by this.

I don't own any consoles, my budget simply won't allow it. And I know for a fact from reading forums related to dual platform games, there is NEVER a perfect translation from one platform to another, even when working with what is essentially the same code. Also, a few glitches were fixed prior to the PC release - and its likely new ones were introduced.

So let's help each other (and maybe anyone working on a patch) out here, and simply tag our comments with which version our experience is from.

I see by not asking anything that demands a reply (or even merely a "good point" comment) my suggestion here has fallen to page 5. So I am going to break a personal rule and engage in a 'self-bump' just this once. If anyone agrees that this is a good idea, please respond to keep this higher on the forum.

I see by not asking anything that demands a reply (or even merely a "good point" comment) my suggestion here has fallen to page 5.  So I am going to break a personal rule and engage in a 'self-bump' just this once.  If anyone agrees that this is a good idea, please respond to keep this higher on the forum.

They should both be exactly the same only the technical details will vary.Each platform has its own tech forum so it's rather pointless really.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I see by not asking anything that demands a reply (or even merely a "good point" comment) my suggestion here has fallen to page 5.  So I am going to break a personal rule and engage in a 'self-bump' just this once.  If anyone agrees that this is a good idea, please respond to keep this higher on the forum.

They should both be exactly the same only the technical details will vary.Each platform has its own tech forum so it's rather pointless really.

I agree. The games are content-identical. The bugs are different of course, but if what paladin says is true, that doesn't matter sense the forums are different. So the other forums, story and spoiler and strategy discussions, would be identical, minus perhaps a reference to using the mouse or using an analog stick, which is inconsequential.

during my last run thru I used a walkthru.

dan simpson has an excellent walkthru on gamefaqs.com

gamefaqs says it's for the xbox, but within the text he states it's for PC as well because the content is identical.

There are a few times in his walkthru he talks about pressing certain keys on the controller. It's not too difficult to figure out what he's talking about and know how to do it on the PC.