A few thoughts on the game

Faith

Seems to me that the designers got tired by the time they got to the Ravager.

I played Final Fantasy 8 a few months back and when the Balamb garden attacks Galbadia garden, That battle has much more of an adrenaline rush as compared to the one in Kotor2.

I played the game without any bugs or anything. Only I think the end of the game could be better and a lot of things were not explained, perhaps in Kotor3 they will explain more.

Oh and at this rate, Kotor3 should have 2 Jedi Knights (Revan + Exile) 1 Bastilla who just achieved her 'Masterhood' and 5 Padawans.

Hopefully they'll stick to one storyline and expand it and won't give us the choice to select a Light/Dark ending for the previous game. That really sucks.

Finally, someone should tell Obsidian staff members that the game doesn't suck, doesn't have as many bugs as the forum people say there are, but they really need to get some decent charachter models next time round.

A lot of the Exile models are used by other key charachters within the game and this is something really bad.

On a similar note, they should remove the customizable naming option for the charachter and set a pre-defined name for both the male and female charachters so the charachters can atleast call them by name. Will make the game a bit more interesting with possible speech from the player charachter as well.

Best part in the game: When I realised that Mandalore was my fav Canderous from the previous game.

There have to be more adrenaline pumping battle sequences in the next game, all the giant sized battles on the ravager, the escape from Onderon, the attack on Onderon seem to just fall flat.

Since this is sort of a rant and I have time, I'd just like to point out that the sith attack on the Mandalorian base was a fantastic event. Nice to see the Mandalorians get rid of them on their own and not fall so easily like the Elite Jedi Knights sent to the Starforge at the end of Kotor1.

More background stories on charachters would be good, as the ones in this game are not really an improvement over the last game. In many cases I find stories of Carth, HK-47, Canderous to be more deep than stories of Mira, Visas, Handmaiden, Mandalore, Atton.

T3 was a definate improvement.

Influence should be a secondary check when charachters reveal their tales, some part of experienced gained should still be in there, since if you are fighting alongside someone, they should tell you about their lives even if they aren't influenced by you or inspired by you.

A lot of things can be improved for the next part, all I ask is a deeper storyline and big bad bosses who can hold their own and don't fall to a level 25 Weapon Master like Darth Nihilius did.

Give yourself 2000 EXP if you read every word.

Journal Entry Added.

Edit: Forum is buggy, gave me error but still posted.

Edited by Faith

Faith.....Good call

I also thought the Dev's had alot of really good ideas, but put them together in an odd way.

As an example-- playing the Exile as a dark sider on Nar Sheddah getting the message to go to the Exchange meeting at the Jek Jek bar, you get to play the female bounty hunter (who will NEVER be in your party) ane equip her with stuff from your travels.

Another early example is the landing at the pole in Telos. You are going to land anyway, so why shoot the shuttle down? That makes 2 out of 2 shot down landings from the pilot. If it was me, I'd get rid of the jinx, or fly the ship myself.

Having other than main characters doing things was an interesting experiment, but to my game style, really detracted from the enjoyment. I would have prefered to have that as optional extending the game for future play. Speaking of which, having the nasty really nurfs the future play as you can gimp it from the start.

My gaming style has minimal interaction with the party members, so I also was annoyed with the influence being the driver of the party dynamics. Actions speak louder than words, so if they get annoyed, I'd prefer them to leave.I also thought there ware too many party members, and too often having no control over the party makeup.

Best moments in the game....HK47

" It's not entertainment master, it's art"

and

"It makes me proud to be your loyal droid"

When all said and done, I was disapointed and underwhelmed with the game, and don't think I got value for my

As an example-- playing the Exile as a dark sider on Nar Sheddah getting the message to go to the Exchange meeting at the Jek Jek bar, you get to play the female bounty hunter (who will NEVER be in your party) ane equip her with stuff from your travels.

Eh ? If your DS then you should get the wookie you never play the bounty hunter you just kill her.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]