alienware laptops

9mak9

with the problems for this game its angered me enough to get a new computer. Does anybody have an alienware or know anything about it that would make it worth buying.

i configured one and it came out to like $2300. i really considering ordering it.

Alienware is good quality, even if their price is higher than I'd want to pay. Not only do you get a solidly designed product, but you get more configuration options from them than from any other pre-built manufacturer, and from what I hear, good support.

The other two high-end system builders are VoodooPC and Falcon Northwest.

I haven't really heard much about the Alienware swappable laptop graphics from anyone who actually has one, just people wanting to get one.

Now this will probably be my last post on this board since I'm going into town in less than an hour to return TSL. I saw a thread on the LA site recently where someone said they would do this also. The site admin deemed this worthy enough for comment saying the user should contact tech support...

:):lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Unfortunately, I can't justify spending thousands on a new laptop to play a

Alienware laptops are made by Uniwill, a Taiwanese company. Voodoo PC Laptops are made by Clevo, another Taiwanese company. Both companies take the laptop chassis, disassemble it, give it a new paint job, add a few markings and voila. Voodoo PC has a better rating than Alienware but I still think Alienware laptops are pretty good. But, just a bit of info : Lately, people who have ordered Alienware laptops have had some problems and Uniwill as of recent has had trouble with meeting the production deadlines.

But anyways, I have an Alienware laptop and I haven't had a single problem with it.

I have:

P4 3.4GHz EE

1.5GB DDR2 533

nVidia 6800 GO w/ DDR3

60GB 7200 RPM HD

It runs KotOR 2 fully maxed out w/o any lag.