the Force is with my ATI

Hi, just to let you guys know that my rig with an ATI card is working without a hitch. Heres my specs:

AMD 2400+ Athlon

512DDR

Gexcube ATI 9600XT Hardcore with 5.2 catalysts

Windows XP (SP 2)

Before i purchased Kotor2, i did read up on all the problems faced by ATI users...but i bought the game anyway. I expected to face black/blue screens of deaths, video crashes, frequent hangs, save game corruptions (i rotated between 4 save game files).

To my utmost surprise, i completed the game with the following minor bugs (I played extremely long gaming sessions most of the time...like 8 hrs straight):

- loading crash (happened only once throughout the game)

- crash when upgrading lightsaber @ workbench (this happened randomly whenever i upgraded the lightsabers...managed to avoid crashes by unequipping lightsabers before upgrading)

- framerate drop (happened in Peragus feul depot, and some other starship...but the performance drop was minimal) I used the "disable vertex buffer" fix in swkotor.ini file

- sound was ok, except for two movie scenes where it played without sound

- probably some small programming bugs (where key dialog events were triggered twice in different places)

- the game launched in window mode, but i clicked "maximize" in the taskbar and that seemed to bring it back to full screen.

- I dont know if i was just damn good at influencing NPCs, but Handmaiden and Visas went to max lightside astonishingly fast...dont know if its a bug or anything. Other characters were fine.

- Visas clothing did look corrupt once, but a reload got her back in fashion...apart from that, no other graphical anomalies

Anyway im just posting this up so u guys know that there is still hope with ATI cards. As i said, i gritted my teeth when i installed Kotor2, bracing myself for hours of uneccessary tweaks and system upgrades...but i was pleasantly surprised when it ran fine.

SOME SUGGESTIONS

Here are some suggestions with video problems...im not sure what format Obsidian used when doing the movies, but it might help if u guys just updated your codecs...eg get DivX, Xvid, OggVorbis, some of the codecs down at microsoft, etc etc.

This may or may not help.

WHAT I'D LIKE AFTER COMPLETING

Yeah, like what other guys mentioned, an "Uncompleted Quest" section. Some fixes on "Influence"? I heard someone mention its broken.

Anyway, it was a nice game...now just waiting for a patch so i can start a new game as "Darth Player"...MuHAha

Until then, May the force be with ATI cards.....

**EDIT: Missed out a few things**