It's About Time Somebody Said It!

People, is the fate of every GOOD story about SW...

Think only about the First Trilogy...

End of A New Hope:

Death Star destroyed, Luke and Han hero of the Rebel Alliance, Darth Vader seems to be dead... Al least everything seems OK...

End of KotOR I: (Assuming Played in LS Mode)

Star Forge Destroyed, Revan reedemed and Hero of Republic and Jedi Council...

At least everything seems OK...

End of Empire Strike Back:

A Lot of Revelation, ("Luke, I'm your Father..." "Hey dad, my allowance?") a LOT of unresolved plots... (Han in carbonite, Luke without an hand etc...) The supremacy of Empire... People wait for Ep VI...

End of The Sith Lords: (Even I haven't completed yet...)

A Lot of Revelation, a LOT of unresolved plot, the Republic isn't in her best days... People wait for KotOR III...

"The Story repeat itself..."

I wont bother with Kotor III unless they finish kotor II

Sick of people using "It's a Star Wars trilogy" as an excuse.

KotOR1 was a trilogy unto itself - with distinct ANH, ESTB and RotJ inspired parts.

You have the introduction of the characters, escaping a ship that's being attacked via escape pod and trying to save a "princess" (with headbuns) just like ANH at the start.

Then you have the journey of an incredibly Force senstitive individual on his path to save the galaxy when BAM, revelation, everything is different.

"Bastila never told you what happened to Darth Revan..."

"She told me enough... she told me you killed him!"

"No... YOU are Darth Revan!"

"That's not true... that's impossible!"

"Yeah, get over it."

Just like TESB - also, just like ESB, one of the main characters is kidnapped.

Then finally you have the massive climatic showdown on a huge powerstation with "Star" in it's name, fighting against the big bad whilst Republic/Rebel forces start blasting it to hell. Just like RotJ.

So please... spare me the "KotOR = ANH" "KotOR = TESB" nonsense.

KotOR = Entire Star Wars trilogy and parts of prequels.

KotOR2 = A Star Wars inspired story.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved KotOR2 (well... the influence system *really* did mess up the storyline as was said- what exactly were the 'benefits' to having low influence with anyone?) until the rushed ending. Hell, I didn't mind the *end* itself, just the last few hours in the run up to the end.

So, whilst the game was a dream, the ending was hugely disappointing.

Ulicus I disagree...

Really, in the plot of Story KotOR may resemble the entire SW (Serious) Trilogy...

But if you examine the Story of KotOR:

At least was the same as ANH... (OK you get a point with the revealing of the main character as Revan itself...) A mission to save a princess (Bastila, two times...) and destroy a big space ball... Yes there was more Planet and Mission in KotOR, but ehy it's a GAME... Who want to play a game short like a movie today? The story goes straigth to that point... Destroy Star Forge, stop Malak... (Destroy Death Star, stop Vader...) Malak can't be as Palpatine... Leak of his solemnity, majesty... Palpatine was the Empeor after all... Yes, was a Victory, but without knowing about KotOR II was a significant victory... So let's go on...

KotOR II:

Here we know that the Victory upon Malak hasn't saved the Republic at least... Telos destroyed, the people tha finally know about the truth between Jedi and Sith, distrusting each ones... The Sith Lords are hiding, but they still are... (This point is opposite to TESB, where Empire give a heavy counterattack upon rebels...) The Exile start a Journey of discovery and knowledge, as Luke, that trained first under Obi-Wan, reach Dagobah to learn from Yoda... At the End, however there are many open plot in the Story... Like as TESB...

What I mean, however, isn't that KotOR = ANH, KotOR II = TESB and KotOR III = ROTJ... I mean that the 3 games feel the same sensaction to me...

KotOR: A perfectly stand alone Game, like ANH if you don't know about a sequel, you find it complete...

KotOR II: Give the feeling that there must be another one... Like TESB, you want know about a lot of thing, waiting for a third episode that seems to be unavoidable...

Hoping that my word was understandable...

I agree with what is said in the article too, I'm playing through the game for the second time now, but knowing what's ahead in the ending is not very motivating - I'm not sure I'm going to go through it.

I don't blame Obsidian though, We've seen in the past what these people can do when given a prober time schedule.

The frustrating thing about LEC is that they don't seem to listen to the fans, it's ALL about profit.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but did it not start to go really REALLY down hill for LEC about the time Jack Sorensen stopped as president? wasn't that also about the same time they stopped developing adventure games altogether?

Ulicus I disagree...

Really, in the plot of Story KotOR may resemble the entire SW (Serious) Trilogy...

But if you examine the Story of KotOR:

At least was the same as ANH... (OK you get a point with the revealing of the main character as Revan itself...) A mission to save a princess (Bastila, two times...) and destroy a big space ball... Yes there was more Planet and Mission in KotOR, but ehy it's a GAME... Who want to play a game short like a movie today? The story goes straigth to that point... Destroy Star Forge, stop Malak... (Destroy Death Star, stop Vader...) Malak can't be as Palpatine... Leak of his solemnity, majesty... Palpatine was the Empeor after all... Yes, was a Victory, but without knowing about KotOR II was a significant victory... So let's go on...

KotOR II:

Here we know that the Victory upon Malak hasn't saved the Republic at least... Telos destroyed, the people tha finally know about the truth between Jedi and Sith, distrusting each ones... The Sith Lords are hiding, but they still are... (This point is opposite to TESB, where Empire give a heavy counterattack upon rebels...) The Exile start a Journey of discovery and knowledge, as Luke, that trained first under Obi-Wan, reach Dagobah to learn from Yoda... At the End, however there are many open plot in the Story... Like as TESB...

What I mean, however, isn't that KotOR = ANH, KotOR II = TESB and KotOR III = ROTJ... I mean that the 3 games feel the same sensaction to me...

KotOR: A perfectly stand alone Game, like ANH if you don't know about a sequel, you find it complete...

KotOR II: Give the feeling that there must be another one... Like TESB, you want know about a lot of thing, waiting for a third episode that seems to be unavoidable...

Hoping that my word was understandable...

Oh yeah, I understand you - completely. Don't worry about that, it's just that I find KotOR to be a homage to the entire trilogy, as opposed to being "the ANH" of the KotOR series.

TSL was clearly made with the intention of being the "TESB" in the KotOR series, the reason that it doesn't work so well is because KotOR had already done the Empire Strikes Back during it's story...

Anyway, I'd much rather if we saw KotOR I as TPM of the KotOR series if we *have* to see it as a specific star wars movie... becasuse then we'll be getting six KotOR games... *bwahahahahahahahha*

Unless of course if we get the prequel KotOR trilogy... heh.

I am a fan of Star Wars. I would consider myself a hardcore fan of the saga. I've watched the original trilogy upwards of thirty times (30+ times each film that is) and I've lost count long ago. I absolutely love KOTOR and I'm equally a hardcore fan of BioWare. I also love most Black Isle titles. My head is about to explode with indignation, not against the user who posted this rant, or its author, but against Lucasarts whose disgraceful handling of KOTOR II has brought us to this... A shame.

Finally, someone speaks the truth. Click

Cheers!

:blink:

What is wrong with liking this game?

More importantly, what is your problem with "fanboys"? You're just upset that they can enjoy a game like this even with the problems it has and you can't. Either that or you are a closet fanboy. :ph34r:

Yes the game is not perfect but you can still enjoy what is good about this game.

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!