Unable to uninstall

Hi, just got Star Wars KOTOR 2 today in the UK, after some odd installing where it never asked for disk 2, i loaded up the game. On the menu i started up a new character and everything, after the intro movie of the ebon hawk drifting past, the screen fades and all i could hear was music being played but no game coming up, so i decided to uninstall the game, when to control panel selected uninstall, few moments later i repeatedly get the same message.

(If the picture is to big, just give me a shout and ill reduce the size and everything)

post-9280-1108061521_thumb.jpg

(My specs are:

AMD 3500

80 GB hard drive

1 GB

ATI X800 pro

Apparantly it says i passed all the tests in ran on performance so there shouldnt be a problem)

Many thanx.

My first thought would be to just go in and manually delete the Kotor2 folder, the folder in your start menu, and grab something like RegSupreme to clean up the reg files for the game(and anyother reg file that might still be there for past uninstalls).

Give that a swing and reinstall, I'm sure it asks for disk 2, if not, big oops on Obsidian's part :devil: . :cool:

Dragon

When KOTOR 1 came out in the UK for Xbox, some of the CDs were faulty where the game would freeze up at certain pointss (For me it would freeze up on the Endar spire where the Sith trooper throws the grenade)

I'll give a go what you said ddragon64, fingers crossed it work.

Update - So far nothing, going to keep trying for abit. Think i should e-mail if nothing happens ?

Update again - On the RegSupreme program the starwarskotor2.exe & swupdate.exe cant be removed but i assume these have nothing to do with the problem.

reboot the machine, drop to a command prompt from inside windows and delete them by typing in :

del filename.ext

don't forget to change to the kotor2 directory first. It should be c:\program files\lucasarts\swkotor2\

If the files are locked, you may have HDD errors or disk locking issues that can't be resolved easily. Another possiblity is a process is locking the HDD and preventing the installer from working properly.

Or, you could try using RegCleaner (much nicer than RegSupreme) and delete the registry keys that way. BTW, RegCleaner is completely free and fully-functional (no 30-day trial BS like RegSupreme). Just delete the LucasArts registry entries dealing with KotOR 2 (I've had to do this before with BG2) under the main menu.