Child of Flame

Was it Awesome?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Was it Awesome?

• Awesome
    • Not Awesome

So, in the Pilot Episode, they not only managed to

bring back God from Family Guy

God: Hey Bush, do you think you could like, tone down our relationship a little bit?

Bush: Whaddya, whaddya mean?

God: Well, like, for example, like when your giving a speech, and you say 'God wanted me to be president!' could you tone that down a little?;

God: Hold on Bush, I got Cheney on the other line.

<God switches lines>

God: Yes sir?

That conversation had me in stitches. Then there was the junk food loving alien, the German Goldfish

Goldfish: I used to have arms, and legs, I was an Olympic level skier for Godsakes! Until you and your buddies at the CIA switched my brain with a goldfish.

Dad: Hey, what were we supposed to do, let the Eastern Germans win the Olympics? Not on my watch, nosiree!

And then they had the dad trying to help his son score with the girl he liked, running through an entire mall a purse snatcher in a failed attempt for his son to look like a hero, and finally, when his son was rejected by the girl after she used him, had her entire family depoted via his connections at the ISA! (w00t)

I'll definitely be tuning in on May 1st for that and the fourth season of Family Guy.

It was o.k. like alot of animated shows I think its going to take awhile before the show really going

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I thought it was funny, though it uses a lot of the same humor found in Family Guy (duh). I'd rather SM focus only on Family Guy though. I don't want to see the show suffer due to stretching himself too thin (e.g. Simpsons).

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I will watch some more episodes but the first show seemed weak to me, and none of the characters struck me as inherently funny, the two nonhuman characters don't look like they can get any funnier either. Some of the jokes were a lot bolder than most of the family guy stuff and I might have been laughing my ass off if other elements were stronger but the pilot seemed weak and forced, and was really creeping me out. I watched it with two friends though who both thought it was great...