my petty PC HUD dissapointments

:- heh, well I was looking at some of the PC screenshots for the PC version that's comin out (kotorII obviously) and I noticed a few things that i'm 'mad' about, lol.

In the KotOR PC version they changed up the HUD a lot in comparason to the xbox version, and I loved it and got so used to it.

I noticed that the PC port of kII has the EXACT SAME hud as the xbox version, and i'm not happy, though they did happen to slap in the little menu bar on the top right, which I never even used.

I really hate how the xbox hud works, I really hope they revamp the hud the way bioware did.

With that said, I will be unhappy and pout all the way through the game, but I'm not stupid or stubborn enough to not get it just for those reasons, I love it too much.

I was also just lettin ya guys know what I noticed.

And dev's can comment if they like! I'd love to hear yer guys vew point, as much as I want you to consider mine. Thanks, and especially for making such an excellent game/sequel!

later later.

One of the things I loathed about the PC port of KotOR 1 was that the inventory system worked exactly like it did in the Xbox version - want to collect every weapon in the game, but don't want to dig through your inventory every time you want to equip something? Gotta open a container, put the item in, then open the container again to put the next item in, rinse, repeat, die of frustration.

I don't see this as much of a potential problem in KotOR 2 though... since there are no containers in the ship.

One of the things I loathed about the PC port of KotOR 1 was that the inventory system worked exactly like it did in the Xbox version - want to collect every weapon in the game, but don't want to dig through your inventory every time you want to equip something? Gotta open a container, put the item in, then open the container again to put the next item in, rinse, repeat, die of frustration.

I don't see this as much of a potential problem in KotOR 2 though... since there are no containers in the ship.

Yeah I absolutelly love the new inventory system in kII, though I wish there was a tab for new items, I liked using that so it was easier to see what you just picked up. Didn't see that option in there. The weapon switch is beatiful though.

The 1.3 patch fixes this problem. Getting loads of computer spikes from T3 had never been easier. :wacko:"

And no containers on the Hawk? Argh.

Anyway, I don't really have any qualms about the new HUD. The only difference from KotOR's HUD to TSL's HUD is that your party's potrait, the menu where you activate your force powers, stims, etc. are switched, and its green instead of blue. And there's the 'switch weapon' button and an hour-glass thingy beside your character's potrait. All the other differences are subtle. I'm getting used to it already.

The 1.3 patch fixes this problem. Getting loads of computer spikes from T3 had never been easier. :wacko:"

Anyway, I don't really have any qualms about the new HUD. The only difference from KotOR's HUD to TSL's HUD is that your party's potrait, the menu where you activate your force powers, stims, etc. are switched, and its green instead of blue. And there's the 'switch weapon' button and an hour-glass thingy beside your character's potrait. All the other differences are subtle. I'm getting used to it already.

What's the point anyways you can carry as much as you want. If you don't need something sell it. No point in storing stuff in the containers.....

What's the point anyways you can carry as much as you want. If you don't need something sell it. No point in storing stuff in the containers.....

No, you don't get it. Of course there is no point storing your items in the containers.

*sigh*

In order to get alot of stuff made by your party members, you had to keep them in containers (the cargo hold had containers). You could then return to them (your party members) and ask them to make the same item again and again - this was especially the case for Jolee who made Life Support Packs.

Example - You need alot of computer spikes for a particular quest. Go back to the Ebon Hawk, store all your spikes in one of the containers, keep requesting from T3 for spikes until he can't make them anymore. Store these spikes again, and ask T3 for more.

There's a limit to how many a party member can make for one planet, 20 I think. (except for Jolee, he really is the kit factory :p )

This could only work effectively in KotOR 1 if you had installed the 1.3 patch, which allows items to be transferred to containers without the item window itself being closed everytime.

Like I said, I liked collecting things :)

I have a habit of collecting every weapon and armor I can find in any RPG I play. If a game comes out where I can have a trophy room (kinda like in Morrowind, except that had to be modded in...), I'd be in heaven :p

The 1.3 patch fixes this problem. Getting loads of computer spikes from T3 had never been easier. :-"

no no no, lol I tried to state this as clearelly as possible, I was refferencing the difference between the HUD's in "KotOR 1 PC version" and the "KotOR 2 PC version."

K1's PC HUD is different than K1's XBOX HUD. Which I liked.

the problem is this:

K2's PC HUD, so far, is the same as K2's XBOX HUD, which is basically the same as K1's XBOX HUD, which I don't like. Does that still not make sense?