Corruption

Much was made in the game about how Revan was able to corrupt so many of his followers during the Mandalorian Wars. Kreia asked you about it on more than one occasion, and at one point onboard the Ebon Hawk, Disciple talks to you about Revan's attack patterns during the Jedi Civil War, and how he thinks the Sith Assassins chasing you have Revan's marking all over it.

Towards the end of the game, Kreia then presses you on the subject. "How do you think Revan corrupted so many of his followers during the war?" And then, after your confrontation with the Jedi Masters on Dantooine, Kreia says something about your wound, sucking in all life around it and transmitting echoes of your actions and feelings through the Force, was something Revan knew about. And the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil War that followed were just fronts for a much larger conflict: the War of Conversion.

But my question is this: wasn't the Star Forge responsible for corrupting so many? Seriously. I mean, the way that it was explained in KOTOR 1, Revan discovered something on the Outer Rim after the war but no one among the Council knew what it was. They only knew he/she came back to the Republic as the Dark Lord.

Throughout KOTOR 1, they kept eluding to the fact that Revan was able to corrupt so many Jedi and Republic soldiers to his/her side because of the living dark side energy emitting from the Star Forge. Revan was able to harness this power and exploit it to his/her advantage. The Rakatans seem to corroborate this notion.

But in KOTOR 2, there is no mention of the Star Forge whatsoever other then Bastila talking about it in her holocron (which was only if you said Revan was DS male). As far as I know, there was no mention of the Star Forge at all if you said Revan was LS.

But the themes mentioned in KOTOR 2 speak directly to the same themes spoken of in KOTOR 1. Every time someone said, "I don't know how Revan amassed such a fleet." I kept saying, does no one in KOTOR 2 know of the Star Forge?

Am I missing something here?

Revan was corrupted before s/he discovered the maps leading to the Star Forge. Malachor V was a Sith academy and it is where Revan supposedly learned about the Ancient Rakatan technology that was powerful in the dark side. So s/he probably corrupted Jedi there.

Atton said "The soldiers were loyal to the Jedi, not the ones that sat back and watched others suffer, but the ones that saved the Republic"

Kreia herself pretty much answers this question to be honest.

The Star Forge and its machines were not the real sith or anything to do with Revans real power.

As impressive as it was (storywise) the Star Forge was only a machine to be used by those strong enough. It really didnt effect the force in any other way.

I remember Goto saying that by whatever means Revan was building his armada he only intended it to be use to a point because it would be detrimental to the goals of the Sith.

When Revan was converting Jedi during the wars it was before he found the StarForge. Revan found the Star Forge after the Mandalorian Wars and he used the excuse that he was driving off the last of the Mandalorians when he was actually going to get it. Once he got there he built up a couple ships and came back as the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Plus I don't think the Star Forge was the one corrupting anything. It only corrupted those around it or trying to use it but wasn't the source of Revan's corruption of so many Jedi.