2nd Dantooine visit--footlocker question

During the 2nd visit to Dantooine, after the encounter with the

3 Jedi Masters at the Jedi Enclave

, I try to open that footlocker in one of the nearby rooms/alcoves (you know, the room where there's nothing but a footlocker). However, my attempt at using Security always results with "Skill Too Low". but when I "Bash" it open, there is always a broken item, plus a Mitukai Mediation Band (since it happened on multiple reloads, it seems non-randomized).

SO my questions are:

1. What is the Security skill level needed to open that footlocker without bashing it open?

2. What is in it, other than the Mitukai Mediation Band? Is it a random item?

Thanks!

During the 2nd visit to Dantooine, after the encounter with the

3 Jedi Masters at the Jedi Enclave

, I try to open that footlocker in one of the nearby rooms/alcoves (you know, the room where there's nothing but a footlocker).  However, my attempt at using Security always results with "Skill Too Low".  but when I "Bash" it open, there is always a broken item, plus a Mitukai Mediation Band (since it happened on multiple reloads, it seems non-randomized). 

SO my questions are:

1. What is the Security skill level needed to open that footlocker without bashing it open?

2.  What is in it, other than the Mitukai Mediation Band?  Is it a random item?

Thanks!

Ive opened all items with a 20 (thats with bonuses, not 20 base skill) security skill.

Footlocker is like everything else, its random generated

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've tried what you've suggested and brought my Security up to 20 or close to it so I could bring it up to 20 with boost items. However, my Security attempt on the footlocker results in "Impossible". (I could still bash it open though, but it results in a broken item or two). any reason why this would happen or how to avoid this?

my Demolition attempts also failed. maybe my Demolition skill wasn't high enough. how high should it be for it to work?

could it be that locks get stronger or harder to open as your PC gets higher in level? at the time i had this problem I was already in the mid to high 30s.

If anyone can answer this, thanks in advance!

OK I've tried what you've suggested and brought my Security up to 20 or close to it so I could bring it up to 20 with boost items.  However, my Security attempt on the footlocker results in "Impossible".  (I could still bash it open though, but it results in a broken item or two).  any reason why this would happen or how to avoid this? 

my Demolition attempts also failed.  maybe my Demolition skill wasn't high enough.  how high should it be for it to work?

could it be that locks get stronger or harder to open as your PC gets higher in level?  at the time i had this problem I was already in the mid to high 30s. 

If anyone can answer this, thanks in advance!

First of all what is in it probably is not worth any of the trouble you are going through to get into it. Everytime I have opened it I got the oh so useful security tunnler, computer spike, gamoreean gloves, and repair kit. Now keep in mind it was only one of those items per playthrough. One time I saved right before I opened it and the best thing I got was the gamoreen gloves.