Nar Shadaa Unique Bug

I am on Nar Shadaa and am encountering a bug that I do not know how to recover from.

I have just rescued my Jedi with Mira. All that is left for my Jedi to do is to open the door and walk in to the cutscene between Goto and that squid looking guy (my apologies for not remembering his name.)

The little dialogue ends and I am tazered. The game appears to try to load my Jedi in the master control room (the one with the workbench) and then switches to Mira in a different room with the Jedi Council guy. Then comes the long winded exchange between Keira and the Wookie.

At this point my Jedi loads in the aforementioned master control room and promptly falls to the floor and dies (I am not holding my lightsabers either, I appear to be carrying an actual blade of some sort). The game tells me to reload, as my entire party has died. Before I can finish scratching my head in confusion, we switch to a dialogue between Atton and someone who looks like it could be Mira (but I am not sure, since her outfit has changed.) I cannot select any of the dialogue options and am forced to reload.

I have tried doing this over from various save games and this error keeps happening. I have tried to clear the cache (as I have heard it can help other errors) by switching in three different games. This does not appear to help.

The disk is fairly new and spotlessly clean. My X-box has no other problems with any other games and up until now, I have had no problems with KOTOR II.

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

I had this same problem. I reloaded a save from before the Exchange contacted me for the meeting. From that save I didn't have the problem again. When I tried using any saves from within the area I got the message that the party had died. Do you have any saves from before you entered the Jekk

Yes, I have a save game before going into the Jekk Jekk Tar. I will go back and reload into that one (although that one is fair bit back, it is from before the Exchange contacted me, but I will do it just to have this problem resolved.) I am currently working my way through the Jekk Jekk Tar from a previous save where I saved before I went into the gaseous vent area from the private room in the Jekk Jekk Tar. If that does not work, I will reload from the much earlier save. I will post again with which one ended up working

I also had the problem with Atton dying after the Twin Sun battle. I attributed that to having low HP and having a constitution bonus expiring during the dialogue that followed afterwards. I found that if I reloaded (post fight with all the same area affects and HPs) and just very quickly went through the dialogue (so that my bonus' did not expire) everything went exactly as it should have.