A Few Questions

Alright, I have a few questions, and I appologize if they've been answered many times before, but I've been searching in several forums and now it's late and I'm tired. I appreciate any info people can give me.

1) The Sith Assassin gets 3 more levels of backstab; does the Jedi Watchman aquire anything to balance this (if so, what is it?), or is this just a way for developers to say, "if you're going around sneaking up on people and poking them in the back, you should be evil"?

2) Does Energy resistance surreptitiously protect from lightsaber and blaster damage at higher levels as it did in KOTOR 1?

3) Does the selection of a lightside/darkside Revan effect the plot in KOTOR 2 in a significant way, or is it mainly cosmetic?

4) When breaking down items for components at a workstation, I've heard that the game uses only the main character's (or whomever is the primary character at the time during moments where the story is focused on other party members) repair skill, is this true?

5) Is it true that the force storm ability has had it's damage cap removed?

6) Does anyone know of a listing of the levelling increases/abilities of the different classes?

Alright, I have a few questions, and I appologize if they've been answered many times before, but I've been searching in several forums and now it's late and I'm tired.  I appreciate any info people can give me.

1) The Sith Assassin gets 3 more levels of backstab; does the Jedi Watchman aquire anything to balance this (if so, what is it?), or is this just a way for developers to say, "if you're going around sneaking up on people and poking them in the back, you should be evil"?

2) Does Energy resistance surreptitiously protect from lightsaber and blaster damage at higher levels as it did in KOTOR 1?

3) Does the selection of a lightside/darkside Revan effect the plot in KOTOR 2 in a significant way, or is it mainly cosmetic?

4) When breaking down items for components at a workstation, I've heard that the game uses only the main character's (or whomever is the primary character at the time during moments where the story is focused on other party members) repair skill, is this true? 

5) Is it true that the force storm ability has had it's damage cap removed?

6) Does anyone know of a listing of the levelling increases/abilities of the different classes?

1) not sure

2) only 12 points

3) mainly cosmetic, but there is a few subtle differences towards the end

4) sadly, the breakdown ability isn't that useful, so I'm not sure

5) most likely, I was doing almost 200 damager per storm with it

7) nope

Hey, thanks for the responses so far. I really appreciate it. I have a few questions left though, if anyone can answer them.

1) So since Energy Resistance still effect lightsabers and blasters does increased damage balance things out so that it isn't quite as imbalanced as in the first game (although it was fun to stand there laughing like a madman as sith soldiers and dark jedi found their weapons useless)?

2) I'm still curious as to whether the Jedi Watchman receives any benefits to counterbalance the fact that the class only progresses to backstab 7 as apposed to the assassin reaching backstab 10. I suppose there would have to be as it would make absolutely no sense to weaken one class in regard to the other. Still, I would like to know for sure.

3) Are lightsabers still unbalanced? I'm still wondering how a lightsaber - being a massless weapon - wasn't considered balanced in the first game (I thought the fact that it was massless was one of the reasons that most people would have trouble using it).

4) I've heard mention of "secret force powers" (oooooh, aaaaaah) that you can pick up over the course of the story.

A) What are the powers?

B) Are they automatic, or do you have to do something special to get them?

C) How do you get them (the type A personality in me wants to know)?

Thanks again for any info you can provide me with.

Hey, thanks for the responses so far.  I really appreciate it.  I have a few questions left though, if anyone can answer them.

1) So since Energy Resistance still effect lightsabers and blasters does increased damage balance things out so that it isn't quite as imbalanced as in the first game (although it was fun to stand there laughing like a madman as sith soldiers and dark jedi found their weapons useless)? 

2) I'm still curious as to whether the Jedi Watchman receives any benefits to counterbalance the fact that the class only progresses to backstab 7 as apposed to the assassin reaching backstab 10.  I suppose there would have to be as it would make absolutely no sense to weaken one class in regard to the other.  Still, I would like to know for sure.

3) Are lightsabers still unbalanced?  I'm still wondering how a lightsaber - being a massless weapon - wasn't considered balanced in the first game (I thought the fact that it was massless was one of the reasons that most people would have trouble using it).

4) I've heard mention of "secret force powers" (oooooh, aaaaaah) that you can pick up over the course of the story. 

A) What are the powers?

B) Are they automatic, or do you have to do something special to get them?

C) How do you get them (the type A personality in me wants to know)?

Thanks again for any info you can provide me with.

1) it only stops 12 damage, there's no standing there laughing

3) yes

4) a) i wouldn't call them secret

b) in the sense that you'll get them if you talk to people and progress through the game

c) talking to various party members and progressing to certain points of the game

Ah, more answers. Very nice. Epiphany, you are a veritable stockpile of information. Thanks again.

Now all I have is the one question left:

1) Does the Jedi Watchman receive any benefits to counterbalance the fact that the class only receives level 7 backstab as apposed to the level 10 aquired by Sith Assassins?

This basically will decide whether I go light or dark, so it's at least important in my own mind. If there's anyone out there who has played as a watchman and can answer this, I would greatly appreciate it.

I've played a Watchman, but not an Assassin, so I don't know how much advice I can really give you. In my experience, the only good things a Watchman was good for were the skill points and the Niman style (which made up for some of the penalty for TWF). Stealth, while actually having some use in this game as compared to KotOR1, is still mostly useless, thus rendering Force Camoflage less than desirable. Sneak Attack, while nice in theory, never worked for me that I could tell. As far as I know, though, there is nothing to balance the Assassin and Watchman re: Sneak Attack levels, unless the Assassin doesn't get Improved Force Camoflage.

Anyway, if you're looking for super power, your best best is probably to go with the Sith, as all the Sith PrCs seem to be more powerful than their Jedi counterparts. That said, the Jedi Weapon Master is still a good choice, and one that I'd recommend.

sadly,annoyingly,yes it does.for breakdown it always goes by leader's skill,while creation relies on the skills of the person youre usin to create items.