PCZone Mag hails KOTOR as one of the biggest games

Yep, another PCZone preview.

Now there is absolutely NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING new in this preview. You have heard it all before, but I am just a nice guy, and will give you this preview.

<Preview Begins>

Kiss Goodbye to your Social Life

KOTOR almost cost Will Porter his job and his girlfriend. This time it'd going to be even worse.

(My comment(OOOOOOOOOO Bad Omens eh!?!?!?!?!?)

Bad things happened in KOTOR, but your rag-tag bunch of space drop-outs and rogues always made it seem like a pretty jolly adventure - dark side inclinations aside. What's more is that while you were falling back to inject yourself with some adrenal stimulant or plotting a nifty force kill, you always knew you had two other jedis (unless you were mad and took Mission and Zaalbar) to rely on for healing and battle heroics.

No more! No longer! Your the last known jedi in the universe, you're all alone and your almost dead. In addition you've lost your memory (My comment(I'll correct you there, only a tiny part of it i.e. how you got to Peragus), and you won't be given a lightsaber until your hours into the game, and pretty much everywere you go your relentlessly hunted by an insidious enemy. KOTOR2 is dark, and specifically designed to make you feel mistrustful, uneasy and continually endangered - it has been said many times before, but this is KOTOR's Empire Strikes back.

Dark Jedi

Not much has changed bar a few (fairly considerable) engine tweaks and an ungraded system, that means you can switch attack patterns without delving deep into the menu screens. However, perhaps the biggest change will come with the depth and complexity that can be found in your interactions with the world around you. It's promised that this time around, your decisions will have far greater impact, will invariably be moregut-wrenching and should swing the opinions of your paryt to an extent that's likely to have an impact on your gameplay much more than they did before..

Aside from Carth's grumbling and Bastila's haughtiness, you knew you could invariably count in your sidekicks in the original game. This time round though, they've got their own agendas and are far more likely to act in their own self-serving ways and promt disharmony in your ranks. Among the malcontents are a wise woman with one hand, a sultry handmaiden, a technical fellow with a home-made repair droid and the re-appearing of theperenially plucky security-breaking bot T3-M4. HK47 also turns up, although primarily sitting in a heap inb the Ebon Hawk's cargo hold dishing out droll 'statements2 until he's restored enough to tell you what terrible fate befell the ship's previous inhabitants.

Planet Hopping

Location wise you'll be revisting Dantooine and Korriban (where you previously discovered the rival schools of the Jedi and Sith), Telos (Carth's home-planet), the mining planet of Onderon (My comment(isn't Peragus the mining planet) and it's moon Dxun, and the Mandalorian World (Boo-Hiss!) of Malachor V.

It'll be a strong PC gamer who manages to block out all the info of the XBox release, but all the signs are pointing towards The Sith Lords being an RPG classic. It's a star-studded roster at Obsidian and we've every faith that when you're reunited with your lightsaber, ou'll be taken on an action-packed journey that you'll problably end up telling your grandchildren about...

<Preview Ends>

As you can see by My comments inside the review, they have made one or two mistakes in this preview.<_<

By the way, they say the ETA is Feb 11th 2005. i will give you the PCZone review when I see it, either in late Feb or March.:lol:

It'll be a strong PC gamer who manages to block out all the info of the XBox release, but all the signs are pointing towards The Sith Lords being an RPG classic. It's a star-studded roster at Obsidian and we've every faith that when you're reunited with your lightsaber, ou'll be taken on an action-packed journey that you'll problably end up telling your grandchildren about...

<Preview Ends>

As you can see by My comments inside the review, they have made one or two mistakes in this preview.<_<

By the way, they say the ETA is Feb 11th 2005. i will give you the PCZone review when I see it, either in late Feb or March.:lol:

Now that cetainly looks promising. Now let's hope they are right...

btw, you're right n the release date. The place where I pre-ordered it said 11th of Feb too.