Making a new character

well, I haven't beat the game yet but my first game seems to be a little corrupted so i'm going to start anew. This time around though, i'm going to be purely ranged based and use no force powers. I don't know how hard it gets later on in the game but i was having a pretty darn easy time so I figure i'll make myself a storm trooper or something crazy like that. Never really liked them damn jedi anyways....

well, I haven't beat the game yet but my first game seems to be a little corrupted so i'm going to start anew.  This time around though, i'm going to be purely ranged based and use no force powers.  I don't know how hard it gets later on in the game but i was having a pretty darn easy time so I figure i'll make myself a storm trooper or something crazy like that.  Never really liked them damn jedi anyways....

Move the difficulty setting to 'Difficult' then make a Consular. You'll have much more fun and a challenge this way. Once you obtain a Prestige Class, you become very powerful.

The power curve for leveling is different for each class. As a Consular, you will start out weak for the first 40% of the game. If you choose Guardian, the power curve is much sharper, you will start crushing everything about 25-30% into the game. The Sentinel's power curve has no definitive peaks. Its just a smooth upwards curve, which truly reflects it as the balanced class.

An interesting thing to do, would be make a Consular, and by the time you hit Prestige Class, unequip your Saber and just use powers only.

- dr cloak