revan

i beat the game  and i hadnt heard  what revans fate was...people were talking about him constantly throughout the game but i never actually heard what happened to him

Revan, in the battle of Malachor V found the temple at the end of the game. Thats where he learned the sith teachings and likely about the star forge (or at least the dantooine map location) which led to he and Malak's course along the dark side. After he defeated Malak in KotOR 1, Revan regained his memories, some of which inclue WHERE he learned of this stuff (Malachor V) and eventually went into the unknown regions of space. Out there, a Sith Empire apparantly still exists. I guess if he was LS, he went to go destroy them, DS, to go learn from/join/rule them. Eitherway, good material for KotOR III

i beat the game  and i hadnt heard  what revans fate was...people were talking about him constantly throughout the game but i never actually heard what happened to him

Revan, in the battle of Malachor V found the temple at the end of the game. Thats where he learned the sith teachings and likely about the star forge (or at least the dantooine map location) which led to he and Malak's course along the dark side. After he defeated Malak in KotOR 1, Revan regained his memories, some of which inclue WHERE he learned of this stuff (Malachor V) and eventually went into the unknown regions of space. Out there, a Sith Empire apparantly still exists. I guess if he was LS, he went to go destroy them, DS, to go learn from/join/rule them. Eitherway, good material for KotOR III

Chronicle IX has it that "Jedi Master" Revan found Malachor V at the start of the wars, got corrupted by its power, took the name "Darth" (incidentally, is the reason for this title's appearance explained?) and planned to seduce an army of Jedi to his cause with which he would beat the mandalorians, then lead on to conquer the galaxy (presumably - so pretty much, Revan was evil from teh moment he started recruiting Jedi to fight the mandalorians, which is what I thought anyway (I never thought he was a Jedi Master though and he is never referred to as such in KotOR)

Heh, for all my intial wailings against it- the idea of another Sith Empire doesn't sound altogether unappealling anymore. (I've slept on all I've learnt now and my dark side rage has cooled)

As long as it does not take the standpoint that the Sith we've encountered throughout KotOR I and II are *fake* Sith, or any less "Sithy" than this other Sith Empire then I'm ok.

I think it's likely this "Sith Empire in the unknown regions" was established by followers of Exar Kun or the Krath, as opposed to having remained there for centuries: since you'd have thought the Sith Spirits that bestowed the title of Dark Lord on Exar and Apprentice on Ulic would have known if their Empire still continued in some distant corner of the galaxy.

Just out of interest: Is it possible that the KotOR games are setting up the event that will "bring the Force *out* of Balance"? Because what with all this "disconnecting from the Force and distablising it" and this talk of people wanting to "destroy it" it certainly sounds like it's heading that way.

Edit: Whoops, forgot teh spoiler thingies... bah, I should have played the game before reading all of this, but I'm impatient... it would seem the dark path beckons for me.