Level Up Question

My characters were auto leveling up while I was playing last night, and I wanted to see if anyone else was having this issue. On the Gameplay menu, I thought I had turned auto level up off. But, I wanted to confirm that the clear circle means the option is on and the circle with the X in it means the option is turned off. I had the X in the auto level up and assumed that meant the option was off and I would level up all characters myself. Maybe I have it wrong and thats my whole issue?

It seemed that manual level up was the case on Peragus while I was by myself. But, once I had party members, it seemed that all characters, including myself, leveled up automatically. Usually, I generally save level-ups for combat situations where I get a free full health bar without using medpacs. Maybe I can't do that in KOTOR II? Maybe characters level up automatically unless you are controlling them (despite the options you've set)?

Some help would be much appreciated. I'm inclined to start over, but won't if theres nothing I can do.

OMG if thats the case, I feel like such an idiot. Thanks for the response. Anyone else confirm the same understanding?

I assumed X to mean "no" and that option would be disabled. I figured I was doing something wrong because people would be screaming otherwise. I'm stuck with attribute, skill and force power allocations where I don't want them. Oh well, I guess I should be able to get through Peragus quicker since I just did it yesterday.

OMG if thats the case, I feel like such an idiot.  Thanks for the response.  Anyone else confirm the same understanding? 

I assumed X to mean "no" and that option would be disabled.  I figured I was doing something wrong because people would be screaming otherwise.  I'm stuck with attribute, skill and force power allocations where I don't want them.  Oh well, I guess I should be able to get through Peragus quicker since I just did it yesterday.

I hope your either extremely young or have some learning difficulties i cant possibly comprehend :thumbsup: