Dueling feat or Double Weapon feat?

First time through what will you pick?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. First time through what will you pick?

• Duel Feat. +3 to hit and defense and 1.5x strength!
    • 2 weapons. 2 lightsabers all the way baby.

I think the  best thing would be instead of just allowing players to switch back and forth between the three styles simply by swithing weapons...make each one a feat pathway.  For the single...have the lowest level requirments to go from one level to the next (allowing the player to be better than those using the other styles faster)...making gameplay easier for the single saber user (he/she will be a better fighter faster). (1st feat at lvl 1, 2nd feat at lvl 3, 3rd feat at lvl 5)

The dual saber is harder to master and more unweildy so the player should be a higher lvl when he can obtain these feats (1st feat at lvl 4, 2nd feat at lvl 8, 3rd feat at lvl 12)

The Saberstaff should be the hardest to master so it should require a higher level to get the feats (1st feat at lvl 6, 2nd feat at lvl 12, 3rd feat at lvl 18)

This will be in addition to the saber feats already in existance (the attacks, and dual weapon vs dueling).  This way a player has to better optimize how they spend their feats.

Also, each saber should have its own pluses and minuses.

Single Saber: Better strength (give strength modifier) and best attack rating because it is easier to weild, hence should hit more often and hit harder. Less hits per round (only one blade).  Less defense than the staff, but more than dual.

Dual Saber: Most hits per round (it easier to wield than the staff, and has 2 blades). Most Crystals (two hilts). 

Least damage modifiers...its unwieldy and not supposed to be as powerful as the staff. (Those who have played Jedi Academy, the single in strong mode does the most damage, the staff is next, then the dual also has the worst defense but fastest attack). 

Worst attack rating (unwieldy, but also less focus on manouverability and agility by user than the the user of the staff).

Saber Staff Best Defense (should give dex modifier).  More hits than single but less than dual.  More damage than dual, but less than single. Highest level requirment...and there should be a minimum dex requirment (14 or higher) because of the unweildy nature of the staff and the immense amount of agility required.

Only player with minimum proficiecy may be allowed to use the Dual and Saber staff (that is people must have the first feat in the pathway of that weapon) to use that particular weapon...otherwise they must stick to the single.

I think that is an excellent idea! Another thing they could do is change lines in the game later on after you have mastered the staff saber. They should give you more fear/respect depending if you went ls or ds.

I somewhat agree with Darth. The easier techniques should be easier to use, but the harder ones should be better in the end. The only thing I disagree with really is that he put wielding a double bladed saber as harder than wielding two single bladed sabers at once. That and that the double bladed has the best defense. Personally, I think that 2 singles gives you a better defense because it's more versatile when you think about it. You can simply do more when the two sabers aren't attached at the end. I really think that both attack and defense should get better from single to double to dual singles.

Well, if you think about it...the dual sabers are meant for fluttering attacks...they widdle an opponent down. The saberstaff utilizes powerful strokes but isnt as fast as dual sabers. A wielder can really put all their strength behind the use of a single saber allowing it to do the most damage.

Defense wise the saber staff will give better protection because you can defend easily from all sides just by a turn of the hilt...where as for example to defend behind you with a dual will mean contorting you body, or turning you body whereas with the staff you dont need to do that.

Even when you play Jedi Academy, the saber all have this kind of set up.

Offense:

1)Single saber (strong stance): This will cut through anything, but it is slow, with large strong strokes.

2)Saber Staff: Faster than the Single, but difficult to manouver with. stronger strokes than the Dual, but not as powerful as the Single Saber (in strong stance)

3)Dual Saber: Very fast attacks...they dont do as much damage, but they hit faster...this make up for alot of the difference. They are also harder to land blows with, because they arent powerful enough to batter down the defense of the opposing saber...they have to land blows around the saber, where as the single blade can literally push the opposing saber away, as can the saberstaff (from the right angle).

Defense:

1)Saberstaff: hands down is the best in Jedi Academ (for defense). It easily blocks most attacks. Holding in the front allows to block from left, right and in front. Holding it to the side allow for 360degree blocking with just a turn of the wrist.

2)Dual sabers: They arent able to provide the 360degree protection from the same stance because you have to turn the body (completely or partially) to block certain angles from the back.

3)Single: Not enough blades to block with...to much area left undefended (epsecially from the back).

Also, the reason a saberstaff would be harder to use is look at the way it is made...you are nearly as likely to chop your head off as you are your opponents... the rear blade has the ability to kill you on the down stroke of the front blade if the weilder doesnt know how to use it. The Dual sabers are not as dangerous because they are not connected at the hilt...the danger is chopping off your own arm...not chopping off your own head, besides, it far easier to know where your arms and hands are (to keep them away from the other blade) than to know where that other blade is (the back blade of the saberstaff).

First, don't take this the wrong way, but I don't really care what they do in Jedi Academy.

Second, you do have a point about there being more force behind a staff attack.

But I still say that 2 sabers should give you a better defense. With 2 sabers you can put them in 2 different places at once. With a staff, you can put one side more or less where you want, but the other goes to where it has to go. And I really don't see why you couldn't defend yourself easily with 2 sabers. What kind of movements could you make with a staff that you couldn't make with one of the sabers? Sabers would give you much better range of motion and I don't see them taking any more effort to get into position.