Speculations concerning the Opening Sequence

yes that sounds very interesting though the infirmary scene smacks a bit of the Matrix 3 beginning :p Also there's the assumption that Kreia and Atton have been keeping track of the new character; it seems unlikely to me either that they knew anything about the new character or that they were conducting a Jedi rescue secret operation.

It's been confirmed that Atton and T3 will be the party members picked up at Peragus but is that true also of Kreia, has it been mentioned anywhere where we meet her?

though I like the idea that a party member will start the space sequence. If not Kreia, then perhaps it's Atton. Isn't that supposed to be the Han Solo clone? A reason could be found why he was passing by the astroid field.

Maybe our character hired him as pilot, to take him from wherever he was in exile, back into the galaxy, but on the way they were ambushed, got hit, and barely made it to the mining station where they found the abandoned Hawk.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Maybe our character hired him as pilot, to take him from wherever he was in exile, back into the galaxy, but on the way they were ambushed, got hit, and barely made it to the mining station where they found the abandoned Hawk.

Yeah I like that idea a lot. It would be nice to see the Sith attacking Atton's ship with your PC on board after the Star Wars scroll. A blast from a Sith fighter could cause an explosion on board the ship knocking your PC out. Atton with no other choice, now that there is nobody to man the turrets, would make the jump to light speed. The jump of course taking you to Peragus in order to evade the Sith fighters and treat your wounds. This would explain why you wake up not sure how you got to the mining facility in the first place. Also it would keep with the instant action which is the hallmark of most Star Wars intros.

Cheers!

another question is where do we go, after we get on board the Hawk? With Kotor it was easy, Bastila would take us to the Jedi council on Dantooine. How about TSL?

I'm bringing this up since it corroborates the theory that our PC and perhaps Atton were already 'going somewhere' right at the beginning of the game. Or is T3 going to tell us where to go? That would be too simplistic, kind of a sudden entry into the main adventure; whereas the PC ought to be gradually immersed in the conflict.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M

Perhaps thats where Kreia comes into play. You could meet her on Peragus where she either recognizes you, your talents, or both. On the other hand she could be sent by what remains of the Jedi on a mission to locate you. Either way she gives you a sense of purpose on what needs to be done next. After that the Sith arrive and you have to fight your way off that rock and get the heck out of dodge via the Ebon Hawk.

Cheers!

Perhaps thats where Kreia comes into play. You could meet her on Peragus where she either recognizes you, your talents, or both. On the other hand she could be sent by what remains of the Jedi on a mission to locate you. Either way she gives you a sense of purpose on what needs to be done next. After that the Sith arrive and you have to fight your way off that rock and get the heck out of dodge via the Ebon Hawk.

I too think Kreia may well be the one who gives the character a sense of purpose, though it doesn't necessarily mean she'll tell the team where to do right after they board the Ebon Hawk; but the idea that she may be part of a secret Jedi rebellion sounds less interesting to me in comparison to our character really being burdened by the great responsibility that he may be the last of the Jedi, except maybe the wayward old mentor, well into the game when he finally meets another powerful Jedi (white haired mystery?)

If Kreia is sent on a Jedi mission, she'd most likely be 'taking us' to the Jedi hideout, or, she'd give us a Jedi mission right away which really sounds unlikely given the hints we've got as to the new PC going through some sort of a self discovery, reclaiming his lightsaber, etc. It would be nice to see the PC really earning the sense of purpose, during at least some wandering.

another thing is how the infamous 'starting interview' will fit into this Peragus adventure. If I'm remembering correctly, it's going to be a dialogue with Atton that will set the parameters as to the Kotor 1 ending: I'm not sure whether this idea makes any sense or not (!) but why not have the 'interview' as the ship I speculated we could start on, is under attack? The PC, ignorant as he is of the mad state of affairs, would start asking the pilot questions who screwed up the galaxy, and that would be the starting interview.

Zwangvolle Plage!

M