Xbox vs. PC

For someone who owns both platforms, which should be purchased?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. For someone who owns both platforms, which should be purchased?

• Xbox
    • PC

i personally prefer xbox as who would wanna be hunched up at your desk playing with a keyboard and mouse (if that what you do) or would you prefer lying down on a comfy sofa with a nice controller watchin the game on a big screen :D

The notion of everyone's pc must be on some sort of big, uncomfortable desk is almost as wrong as the assumption that everyone with an Xbox has it hooked up to a 42" plasma or HDTV with full THX theater sound.

I've got a nice comfotable chair and a quite easy to move 19" crt that fits nicely on a small, tall table. I use a trckball, so I don't need a mouse pad or solid surface, and the keyboard lays naturally on my lap. (I still have a desk, but when I'm playing for a while, I like to get comfortable) Plus, I think a keyboard and mouse gives you better control and more control options than a game pad. I've played many of the consoles, starting with Pong in 1974-ish and I can say from my own experience that the keyboard and mouse (trackball in my case) are better for gaming. But, that is IMO, and your mileage may differ...

And as a side note, did you hear about the kid who sat cross-legged on the floor playing his console (I don't remember which one the article mentioned) who had to have reconstructive surgery on the major nerves in his legs? He sat there for like 13 hours and didn't realize that he had cut off circulation and essentially killed his legs. See...so desks can be a goooood thing....

wasnt that the kid that got deep vein thrombosis? if it is any type of sitting for that long could result in it, console or pc, then theres repetitive strain injury, epileptic fits, str..... wow lmao and here's me thinking im safe playing games :D

and anyway there isnt a poll bit to choose both, i got it on x-box first but i aint got x-box live and ive been considering getting the pc version just for the patches and stuff, would certainly be cheaper than live, is it worth it?

Get life, you keep your current characters and kotor isn't the only x-box game you play. It's only like 60 $ for 12 months and a headset, you can use it for the rest of your x-box games and your upcoming x-box games.

I will buy kotor 2 on my x-box, I only use my pc for work and I only game at night, since that my x-box and tv are in my room, it's natural I choose for the x-box version.

and anyway there isnt a poll bit to choose both, i got it on x-box first but i aint got x-box live and ive been considering getting the pc version just for the patches and stuff, would certainly be cheaper than live, is it worth it?

Yes.

TripleRRR

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.