Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Featured Replies

As the build says, I'm starting a new playthrough on Pillars II, and I have the concept of what I want to roleplay, a ruthless Crime Lord.
The "template", if you will, is Kingpin, from the Daredevil series, and going by that, I thought of going Berserk as the "main" class, since he does have these moments he goes into a rage.
It'd be Berserk, the most thematic, imo, but then comes the problem, what to go for the second class? Obvious one would be Monk, but there are many such builds, and I kinda want it to lean into the fantasy aspect, so I was think of going for a spellcaster, but I have no idea which would fit the theme.

So, what do you guys think would fit the Crime Lord "Kingpin" RP I'm trying to go for?

  • Author

So many typos...dear gods.

Hello,

Rogue as second class was not a consideration?

Berserker/Streetfighter can be very strong (but also very fragile).

Paladin is also a good choice for a Berserker. Goldpact would fit best thematically I think.

Priest could be... maybe Wael? Berserker/Priest has an awesome combination of Frenzy's confusion + Withdraw which can put any enemy(!) away for a long time with an automatic hit. Very potent in boss fights.

Chanter is also a strong combination, especially with summoned skeletons in combination with Bloodlust and Blood Thirst. If "accidentally" kill a skeleton with your carnage you will get all the benefits you would get from killing an enemy. Also maybe nice to roleplay to be able to call in henchmen (like Ogres). ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

  • Author

Okay, I'm so sorry, first of all for the vague post, I should have gone into more detail.
I did think about going rogue for the second class, but I thought about it, and given I'm going to multiclass everyone, there are two rogues in the party already (Edér and Maia will be endgame party members) and I don't like repeating classes, which might be weird, I know, but I've always been like that.

Then I went into character creation to see what else I could add to the theme, and I ended up going for an Aumaua Fire Godlike, and I thought, hey, maybe I could go full fire theme here?

Reading your reply, though, I really like the Chanter idea...a beckoner, you reckon? To summon more minions?

Monk's Duality of Mortal Presence fits him better then Berserker's Frenzy and a Beckoner would get you 4 Ogre Goons that can bodyblock while you Enduring Dance

On 9/25/2026 at 12:08 PM, Serkyan said:

Reading your reply, though, I really like the Chanter idea...a beckoner, you reckon? To summon more minions?

Yes. Also Beckoners' skeletons (Ancient Brittle Bones) - like all the Beckoners' summons except skeletons from "Many Lives Pass By" - are more numerous but smaller and weaker than the summons of other chanters. This fits your character in two ways: first of all it's nice if the "Kingpin" also looks like the boss (because he's the biggest dude) and doesn't get dwarfed by his summons. Secondly the skeletons die a lot faster from your "confused" friendly fire Carnage which will trigger the effects of heal-on-kill pets (see Cajux, Abraham), Bloodlust (become faster) and Blood Thirst (skip recovery) a lot faster.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.