What about being able to take an apprentince?

I may just be a bit hopeful, but wouldn't it be awesome if your character was able to take on an apprentice? Granted the way the leveling system works it would be limited in terms of how to teach an apprentice since you steer the course of their skill development directly, but I think the possibilities of master/apprentice character events are endless. Anyway, give me a reply and tell me what you all think.

Also, sorry if this has appeared in forums before, I just don't want to go through the comments from two months ago.

I beleive that this may hav already been discussed, i may be wrong, but i will make a comment.

A master/apprentice relationship could well work, and is a good idea. U tell him/her the best course of action. However, i feel that there is just one problem. U r trying to reconnect with the force after 5 years in exile. I am wondering if at any point in the game, u will be reconnected enough to take on ur own apprentice.

But imagine if it is one of ur npc party members who becomes the apprentice. Though unlikely the council (if they r still alive, problably hiding in outer rim) will accept the training for a party member, since they r 2 old, these r desperate times (just like in KOTOR) and may hav no choice but to accept u as a master training an apprentice. Who could this force sensitive npc be? Mira, Atton Rand, an unmentioned party member as of yet. Lets wait and see.

Edited by KOTORFanactic

Though i will problably never play ds, eddo makes a veryvery good idea. If ur apprentice is a sith apprentice, he/she could either challenge u (quite rashly i'm guessing) or u strike him/her before ur apprentice becomes 2 powerful.

It would certainly add to the feeling that u were a real sith, and not just some kind of thug or bully.

It has been talked about many times, just use the search option -_- I dont think its been confirmed but the chances are likely judging the reactions of the devs. There was something about some type of pet going around that aids you in battle and the such but I havnt got much info on that, because not much has been released. But it does seem that we are going to have some sort of being to train, be that pet or apprentice, im personally hopeing for both :)

Yeah, I like the idea. Even more possibilities exist if there are several possible characters with their own unique personalities to choose from to take on as your apprentice. Then you can also have the scenerio of an apprentice noticing your fall to the dark side if you chose a more light aligned apprentice character, or a more dark aligned apprentice growing more and more frustrated with a lack of recognition from you or things not going the way he/she wanted them to. The result of the conflict to be chosen be the player, turning away from the dark side with mercy or towards darkness with torture, or just kill them.

Though I think there would be some difficulty in choosing an apprentice from the characters already named since not all of them have force sensitivity I'd imagine, or have experience in the force already.

Yeah, I like the idea.  Even more possibilities exist if there are several possible characters with their own unique personalities to choose from to take on as your apprentice.  Then you can also have the scenerio of an apprentice noticing your fall to the dark side if you chose a more light aligned apprentice character, or a more dark aligned apprentice growing more and more frustrated with a lack of recognition from you or things not going the way he/she wanted them to.  The result of the conflict to be chosen be the player, turning away from the dark side with mercy or towards darkness with torture, or just kill them.

Though I think there would be some difficulty in choosing an apprentice from the characters already named since not all of them have force sensitivity I'd imagine, or have experience in the force already.

Its also been said that certain potential party members will not join you if you are of an allignment conflicting theirs, and in turn if you decide to change allignment to something they dont agree with, they can leave :ph34r: and then I come to the fact that there will be party members who will follow you no matter what path you choose depending on how high the regard they hold you in, which to me seems very interesting, and very apprentice esq -_-

I think the idea kicks /-\$$ personally that wud b the most kwl thing in the whole game 2 have an appertice at ur side hu u have 2 guide and keep on the path of the light or dark if u r that way inclined :lol:

We'll have 2 wait and see the pet thing has been confirmed and it is the pet of a party member so like a kath hound type thing mayb??

In responce to Darth_Sirius:

Yes, I heard something like that too, but I was thinking something more along the lines of something like 3 or 4 possible apprentice characters that have the potential to become your apprentice regardless of your alignment. Then their personality comes to influence your relationship with them as it melds or clashes with your alignment depending on how your character develops and which apprentice you chose. Then the player can be sympathetic towards an apprentice who is predisposed to the dark side alla Quigon Jin/Anakin, or one where someone dark takes an apprentice for their strength in the force, but have a conscience. Then there's a more peaceful master and eager, agreeable apprentice realtionship. That's what I think anyway.

In responce to Darth_Sirius:

Yes, I heard something like that too, but I was thinking something more along the lines of something like 3 or 4 possible apprentice characters that have the potential to become your apprentice regardless of your alignment.  Then their personality comes to influence your relationship with them as it melds or clashes with your alignment depending on how your character develops and which apprentice you chose.  Then the player can be sympathetic towards an apprentice who is predisposed to the dark side alla Quigon Jin/Anakin, or one where someone dark takes an apprentice for their strength in the force, but have a conscience.  Then there's a more peaceful master and eager, agreeable apprentice realtionship.  That's what I think anyway.

Well I guess that remains to be seen when the game comes out because I seriously doubt we are going to be informed about that.....at least yet anyway :lol:

Well I can always hope a developer or admin will take a gander at this little post.

At the very least they should consider it for the next installment of KOTOR if they ever do it. It's sort of late now to give the attention to story and detail this sort of plot would need if they never really considered it up till now.

I can always hope they have though :blink:

Well I can always hope a developer or admin will take a gander at this little post.

At the very least they should consider it for the next installment of KOTOR if they ever do it.  It's sort of late now to give the attention to story and detail this sort of plot would need if they never really considered it up till now.

I can always hope they have though  :blink:

They probably have, and they probably did but all im saying is if they have they probably wont reveal it yet if that makes sense :D

Oh I have, but most of it has to do with speculation rather than ideas, or this one XboxSith kid or something who speaks as though he's been struck with a shovel in the back of the head whilst at a rave and regained consciousness in the forums with random crap to say about apprentices. -_-

Oh I have, but most of it has to do with speculation rather than ideas, or this one XboxSith kid or something who speaks as though he's been struck with a shovel in the back of the head whilst at a rave and regained consciousness in the forums with random crap to say about apprentices.  :p

:D :p :D :o :D

Thats him -_-

Of the original KotOR characters, I would have to say that Mission would make the best apprentice for a Jedi. She's pretty spunky, but her quick temper isn't likely to become the Murderous Fury sort (she seems to be a good person at heart, surprising considering her past). She's quite sharp, and seems like she could pick up the more complex aspects of Jedi training quickly enough despite her advanced age (Yoda would say she's "... too old" :rolleyes: ). And if her brother (who I might add, owes me some credits :angry: ) couldn't even corrupt her, I doubt any of the other Sith Lords could (and I'd be seriously pissed if they tried :angry: ). All in all, she seems to possess the required character and talent to pass the Trials and earn the title "Jedi Knight".

Now if we could only apprentice our character to Revan ... ^_^

I may just be a bit hopeful, but wouldn't it be awesome if your character was able to take on an apprentice?  Granted the way the leveling system works it would be limited in terms of how to teach an apprentice since you steer the course of their skill development directly, but I think the possibilities of master/apprentice character events are endless.  Anyway, give me a reply and tell me what you all think.

Also, sorry if this has appeared in forums before, I just don't want to go through the comments from two months ago.

That has been already discussed, but don`t wory. There are many new here, so they will enjoy to post their feelings.