Pre-order bonus items missing

Belgeval

Question

So, today I started a new game after the last patch was installed, and I found out the pre-order ring and the blue pig are not in my inventory. Weirdly enough, they are still there in old saves/characters.

Just to further clarify my situation: I originally pre-ordered Pillars of Eternity back when GOG.com didn't have automatic updates. I got my bonus thingies, and I haven't had a single problem all these years. I finally got sick of the no-auto-updates situation and bought the game on Steam (Hero Edition + White March Season Pass). This was on October 2016, so I don't really know if I should have gotten the pre-order bonus items; it was a looong time ago, and I don't really remember what was included in the version I bought. The fact of the matter is, I did get them. Oh well. Since then, I have only played my Steam version.

Now, after the last update, I no longer have the bonus items when starting a new game, even if they are in my DLC menu, ticked and all. I decided to install my GOG.com version (which I did pre-purchase)... and I don't have them either! They appear ticked on my DLC menu too.

Is this normal/a bug? How can I solve this? I know it doesn't seem to be that important, but I really want to have every possible piece of game content and I find this very frustrating.

Also, how can I contact customer support?

Thank you for your help :).

3 answers to this question

Now that you mention it, I'm seeing the same thing on my end (Pillars of Eternity - Definitive Edition, Steam version). "Preorder Item and Pet" appears in the list of DLC and is shown as being enabled, but doesn't get added to a new character's inventory.

12 hours ago, Belgeval said:

Also, how can I contact customer support?

There's a link to contact support in the first post of this thread:

There'll be a box on the right where you can contact custom support directly. Though if you are using Firefox you might need to disable "Enhanced Tracking Protection" to see it.

• Like 1

Thank you. Seeing that I'm not the only one to whom this is happening gives me some hopes.

I figured out how to contact support almost immediately after writing this post :P. I have already asked them. Let's cross our fingers ^^".

• Like 1

I've just received an answer by Obsidian. They are already aware of this issue, which is affecting many people, and will address it in their new patch - which they don't know when will be released, but still.

• Like 3