[Feedback] The final difficulty of The Master Below is not communicated to players

My party currently consists of five level 9 characters and one level 8 character. I descended to the very bottom floor of the Endless Path to confront the Master Below, only to have my party wiped out very quick. I was surprised that the dragon is a lot harder to damage than the mobs I dealt with in the rest of the fourteen floors above.

I searched on the internet and found that I'm not the only one who was puzzled by the difficulty of the dragon, and advice I saw in the search results recommend doing it at lease when you're level 12. In fact, some even recommend doing it at level 15 or 16.

My opinions is that the difficulty of the dragon is supposed to be communicated to players in advance. And monster difficulties from floor 1 to floor 14 are suppose to have noticeable changes; in their current states, they were a lot easier to deal with and did not make me hesitant in descending to the final floor.

So my suggestion is that the quest needs to let players know that level 9 is not an appropriate level to confront the Master Below. And monster difficulties from floor 1 to floor 14 also need to be re-adjusted so that players actually feel that every deeper floor is noticeably harder and would reconsider going deeper when their levels probably are not good enough.

Edited by IanTheWizard

Uhm yes and no. What difficulty are you playing at?

Because for a whole 8/9 party Endless Path could be easy till last level also at Veteran (maybe PotD too).

But, before that, 12 level is enough for Adra Dragon, because game without DLCs was limited to 12th level with Sefyra already present, so you can beat her at 12 level. I think a whole party of 10 level characters could be enough, with the right tactics.

Endless Path is something "weird", at SOLO i.e., you can manage 4th and 5th level better than third, Fampyrs at 8th is for many people harder than following level and so on.

But at 15th level of a dungeon, after ogres, drake, fampyrs, vithracks and so on, in front of an ancient dragon who is supposed to be here since I don't know when and who is named "Master" etc... you can't say you are not aware of the danger...

After that, as I said Sefyra is most of all tatctis, you can beat easily solo at 12th, you can be erased in ten second with six 16 level characters, so... this is it.

Thus yes and no, with right party composition if you beat all Od Nua levels maybe you can afford Adra Dragon or not, it only your case, this is not the rule.