Back to POE after a long time and love it!

Hey guys,

Just want to share some of my feelings about this fantastic game.

I am old enough to have played old jewells like BG1, BG2, recently I have also played PK, PWOTR, BG3... and now I am back to POE (I finished both POE1 and POE2 quite a long time ago) because no fantasy RPG gives me as much as roleplaying satisfaction as POE. There are so many small things that I love (no pre-combat buffing, armor damage reduction, only a few "quickslots", dialogue choices, companions I actually really like (Edér, Aloth, Kana, hate Durance though 😀, fantastic visuals). Also after finishing BG3 (which is a great game IMO) I am now able to really appreciate the beauty of RTWP system. I remember that few years ago I did not like it much because the combat was very hectic but now I know it just takes some time to learn it properly and then it feels great. Also I am quite positively shocked that a new patch for POE just came out 🤩.

Cheers 

• Like 2

Pathfinder Kingmaker. 🙂

I forgot to add that POE is also the only game which gives me a feeling of playing BG & Icewind Dale (White March) at the same time 😎

In my current walkthrough I decided to play with party of 5 (my Barbarian, Edér, Priest of Magran Hireling, Aloth and Kana). I never min max, always role play and I enjoy Normal difficulty. Currently in Defiance Bay and really looking to get to the White March but I am planning to go there only after the Animancy Hearings. Btw. after all these years I am still undecided about the Animancy 😃.

Another great thing about POE1 is that I can be rewarded for the exploration and enchant even basic weapons instead of spending a lot of money by the Merchants.

• Like 1

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Edit: Tehehe, the retroactive admin approval of the post above makes it look like I'm a total idiot. Love it. :) 

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods