Hi all, yesterday during Guardian of Ukaizo fight, an Engwithan hierarch hit me with this ability: Spellbane .

The wiki says:

Target: 10-15 | Accuracy vs. Will
If successful: Target with Spells for 30.0 sec (50% chance to apply)

In combat log i saw the line "Target with Spells for 30.0 sec" so the ability was successful against me, but I didn't notice anything in particular...

So, what should do this ability if successful, a part of moderate corrode damage?

Thanks to anybody who will answer me :)

Edited by Chaospread
error

The ability Spellbane is attached to the Spellbane ranged attack, that deal 10-15 corrode damage (4pen) and inflict (vs will) the status effect Spellbane, that proc on spell cast the Spellbane melee attack (melee is not meaning that cause a melee attack but more than a self cast thing like a modal) that seems interrupt but only with 50% chance.

This last effect is weird : about the effect, this is a similar code for the Mage Slayer status effect (but with a TriggeronEvent thing, so only one time for Spellbane, and for 0.25chance *4 at max for the Mge Slayer Spell Disruption vs 50% chance only one time? for Spellbane). But the effect of the Mage Slayer proc another Status effect that proc the similar MeleeAttack (interrupt as self autohit on launching spell) while the Spellbane is writed differently - the status effect proc the meleeattack without the intermediary of a second SE. 

I dont know wh but the Engwithan hierarchs only appears 1 time so maybe their spell disruption attack dont work and nobody saw that before you? 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ok, so in simple terms there is a 50% chance that a spell cast can be interrupted during the effect duration, if I understand right. I had some immunities (captain's banquet) and i've been under blade cascade effect and only making melee attacks thus this is the case I noticed no particular effect :)
I've a save game before this encounter, so I can retry and test it :)

Thank you for the explanation!

Edited by Chaospread
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...