Hello! 

Switching weapons around sounds like a lot of fun so i wanted to make a character that pushed that to the limit and help me to get better at micromanaging, so black jacket seemed like the obvious answer.

Having different sets of weapons for different purpose (aoe/off-tanking/damage/debuff/etc) or even set up every weapons slot with firearms to do a big alpha striker was my original idea but im kinda lost of how to make such character.

For stats i was thinking of dumping RES and having a low MIG, since directly tanking or DPS is not the focus of the character.

For a multiclass im not sure. Streetfighter seemed okey, as i can fire a blunderbluss modal and then go into meele, a Paladin seemed nice with some auras for passive support, chanter seemed like it could work too. Maybe some caster for a more support oriented playstyle?

As for equipment i know is a little vague but It would really help if you can share some set-ups or small combos to use like some sort of specially defensive shield+weapon to off tank or a weapon to deal with high AR or even switching "tricks" like using the Slayers Claw to get higher level inspirations.

Thanks a lot!

How micromanage heavy are we talking? Technically with a lot of pausing there is nothing stopping you from switching weapon-set instantly before and after every attack so you could run two hander in one set and Gladiators Sword + Cadhu Scalth in another then switch to sword + shield instantly after every attack and then two hander as soon as recovery hits 0. That's insane though since I don't think you can script it.

Blunderbusses on Fighter/Rogue could work but I'd honestly go devoted (blunderbuss) for the penetration and go trickster instead of streetfighter because of the anti-synergy of not being able to use Disciplined/Tactical Barrage. Quick Switch on a non-blackjacket makes the switch time pretty reasonable anyway if you aren't switching every 5 seconds and Thunderous Report from Kitchen Stove into clear out with Fire-in-The-Hole + Tuotilos Palm would work even better with +2 Pen.

For black-jacket, Black-Jacket/Skald can abuse a lot of weapon switching,  very late game Sasha's Singing Scimitar + The Weycs Wand + The Robes of The Weyc (fighter is tough enough to survive at melee range in robes) at the start of every combat is pretty busted in a party and empowered Her-Tears-Fell-Like Rain isn't a bad fight opener (and before that sasha to empower then switch is very solid). Sun-and-Moon + Tuotilos Palm is great for getting phrases from crits, and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff if good for electricity power level and if you want to do damage with Clear-Outs.

Edited by limaxophobiacq

You can do a script to switch to Lethandria's Devotion and back as long as you're under 90%hp which is very effective if you have good defenses. However if you can't heal over 90% fast enough you will be stuck in switching mode without attacking.

13 hours ago, limaxophobiacq said:

How micromanage heavy are we talking? Technically with a lot of pausing there is nothing stopping you from switching weapon-set instantly before and after every attack so you could run two hander in one set and Gladiators Sword + Cadhu Scalth in another then switch to sword + shield instantly after every attack and then two hander as soon as recovery hits 0. That's insane though since I don't think you can script it.

Blunderbusses on Fighter/Rogue could work but I'd honestly go devoted (blunderbuss) for the penetration and go trickster instead of streetfighter because of the anti-synergy of not being able to use Disciplined/Tactical Barrage. Quick Switch on a non-blackjacket makes the switch time pretty reasonable anyway if you aren't switching every 5 seconds and Thunderous Report from Kitchen Stove into clear out with Fire-in-The-Hole + Tuotilos Palm would work even better with +2 Pen.

For black-jacket, Black-Jacket/Skald can abuse a lot of weapon switching,  very late game Sasha's Singing Scimitar + The Weycs Wand + The Robes of The Weyc (fighter is tough enough to survive at melee range in robes) at the start of every combat is pretty busted in a party and empowered Her-Tears-Fell-Like Rain isn't a bad fight opener (and before that sasha to empower then switch is very solid). Sun-and-Moon + Tuotilos Palm is great for getting phrases from crits, and Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff if good for electricity power level and if you want to do damage with Clear-Outs.

Switching between 2hander and a shield set-up was one of my original ideas but i didnt think to do it for every attack, that may be too much and also i dont really use scripts.

I wanted to avoid doing a devoted because i didnt want to be locked on 1 weapon + unarmed.

That black jacket/skald seems fun and kind of what i wanted, i will try it out and see how it goes.

Thanks!