Patch v1.3.7.0.1377 is Live

14 hours ago, Existential Thread said:

Now I'll have to resort to torrenting despite owning the game just to get things to work.

9 hours ago, Macklin said:

If you're on Steam you can still switch back to the legacy branch via the "Beta Participation" feature. Don't think there's an equivalent for other platforms though šŸ˜•

The GoG version also supports rolling the game back to a previous version in the Galaxy client as well:

1. Right click the game in your library and Select Manage installation -> Configure.
  2. On the "Installation" tabĀ uncheck "Automatically update to the newest version"
  3. Select the "3.07.0.1318"Ā from the list and click ok.
  4. The game will reinstall the older version.
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Macklin said:

If you're on Steam you can still switch back to the legacy branch via the "Beta Participation" feature. Don't think there's an equivalent for other platforms though šŸ˜•

Yeah, I'm on GoG. I was looking for a feature like that, but there seems to be none.Ā šŸ˜•
I'm now realising that I may have come off a bit too harshly yesterday, I came home after a long day, got the sudden urge to replay one of my all-time favourite classics that I occasionally come back to every 1 or 2 years, and was genuinely upset when I finished downloading and found out that my preferred way of playing it has become entirely impossible. Hell, even the torrents weren't of much help, all the ones with any seeds were of the wrong versions as well. I think I'll jump into the sequel instead, I don't like the story as much, but it's still a fun game to waste the weekend with.

Still, I was going through the patch notes and I'm a little surprised to see no change being made to dank spores. I always thought that the fact that they completely bypass any will check on the dominate ability tied to their attacks and instead just use the attack roll itself as a check was a bug that just never got fixed. Is that just an intended feature?

1 hour ago, Kvellen said:

The GoG version also supports rolling the game back to a previous version in the Galaxy client as well:

1. Right click the game in your library and Select Manage installation -> Configure.
  2. On the "Installation" tabĀ uncheck "Automatically update to the newest version"
  3. Select the "3.07.0.1318"Ā from the list and click ok.
  4. The game will reinstall the older version.

Oh, what? Sorry, I've just made the error as old as forums themselves and missed another page of the discussion. I'll give that a shot, thank you, you're a life-saverĀ šŸ™

• Like 1