Like critical hits, improved critical, sneak attack, might, weapon quality... I vaguely remember all of them are additive? but sometimes the numbers are slightly off.

Is the -15% critical damage on firearms also additive? And for a rogue, are two-handed style and improved critical even worse than they already are?

By the way, how is damage calculated for spells? Since PL is multiplicative I get the impression that might and critical are more important compared to weapon damage.

6 hours ago, yorname said:

Is the -15% critical damage on firearms also additive? And for a rogue, are two-handed style and improved critical even worse than they already are?

i have very bad news for you. all negative numbers use inversions, so it's not additive per se. it's not multiplicative either. if you're familiar with harmonic means or how fuel efficiency standards in the US are calculated, it's that.

if you really want to be able to calculate it yourself, there's a post by MaxQuest pinned, and there's also my write up here (which also explains the fuel efficiency standard comparison): https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/inversions

i've been playign enough deadfire that i know a few inversions by heart (-30% recovery speed from 2w style is equivalent to a +42.85% action speed bonus during the recovery, with two weapon style taht becomes +60.5%), but it's definitely not intuitive.

Edited by thelee

6 hours ago, yorname said:

By the way, how is damage calculated for spells? Since PL is multiplicative I get the impression that might and critical are more important compared to weapon damage.

your intuition is right. there are very few ways to boost spell damage, so what boosts you can find (might, griffin's blade) can be close to a pure multiplicative boost instead of an additive boost for weapons that gets diluted by enchantments and such.

that being said, for offensive casters i tend ot prefer intellect and perception over might still.