Trinket Medallion / Parachute Slot

I have a couple of ideas I was toying with, wanted to know what others thought. My main idea was a medallion, a way to combine or wear multiple trinkets at once, for example have a necklace of sorts with slots that you can assign trinkets to. I thought it would be cool to be able to get the buffs of 2-3 trinkets via the use of an endgame item (for those of us who just want to be powerful lmao)

I also kinda wish that the tuft had a dedicated slot, the amount of times I've jumped without a trinket equiped instead of a tuft is embarrassing. 

• Like 2

I really like both of your ideas, i've been thinking that there could some sort of super boss trinket made from all the bosses' trinkets. Also, yeah it's pretty annoying when you find a random black ox beetle, start fighting it, then realize you have a dandelion tuft in your trinket slot.

I wrote about this back in early October last year, right after the release and the appearance of trinkets in the game.

"Adding trinkets to the game is a great idea, but combining these passive devices into one slot with an active Dandelion Tuft is a very poor implementation. Ideally, separate slots for passive and active devices are requested. Or at least leave the current slot for trinkets, and use the Dandelion Tuft directly from the inventory like consumables."

The idea of using several passive trinkets at the same time is also not bad, but here you need a reasonable their limit, by analogy with mutations.
And it is definitely necessary to expand the functionality of switchable builds, including not only mutations in them (as is done now and which, by and large, is useless), but also armor, weapons and trinkets, so that you can switch from ' tank' into 'dd' or something else.

I just thought of a way to balance a combined trinket.

Combining two certain trinkets would make a trinket medal (For example combining the infected broodmother trinket combined with the fungal growth trinket would make a medal) ; this would not combine both effects at the same time but instead you would be able to choose which effect to have.

Combing all the different trinket medals would make the trinket medallion allowing you to choose which effect you want from any trinket.

I appreciate your input guys, you make some valid points, my original idea for the combined trinket still appeals to me even so, the idea of an end game item to equip in place of a trinket with assignable slots for trinket buff still tickles my fancy, whether it be something you have to make or something you unlock I'm not fussed about.

I understand that it might seem unbalanced to have multiple trinket buffs at the same time but since this was intended to be an endgame item I didn't see it being much of an issue, since the story and such would be complete by the time you obtained it anyway. I'm not saying you should be able to have all the trinkets combined as one item but I feel like 2-3 buffs would be a nice sweet spot.

Either way I still strongly feel like a dedicated tuft slot would be a life saver, jumping from places and zip lines while forgetting it's not equipped is a nightmare lol. 

Same way mega milk molars increase your inventory by increasing stack size, wouldn't it be better to add a mega milk upgrade that increase your accessory slots from one to two. It would have to be fairly expensive as it is a one time purchase. And similar to how Minecraft doesn't allow certain combinations of enchantments on items, maybe make certain trinkets incompatible if said combination is deemed too op.

Iv'e had ideas of a sort of super milk molar which would, like the mega milk molar, allow you to access different kinds of upgrades. I like your accessory slot upgrade idea though, it's pretty cool and would make sense while not being to overpowered. 

• Thanks 1